What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

DL and Quin Snyder Rift

fallenchicken

Honestly I think the Favors signing was the biggest mistake of the offseason and the major issues with the current front office in a microcosm. And of course I didn't think that at the time. But we are paying him a lot of money and he just isn't adding much, even before the Clippers series--and of course in that series, he was unplayable. The thing is--he didn't add much when we had him before. He was the wrong player for this roster before. And they went and resigned him instead of trying to get the type of player who could actually help us against post-season small ball. We should have used that money diversifying the roster and getting a guy who is different from Rudy, not a shell of who Rudy is. I love Favors, but having precious cap space tied up in him for 2 years is really going to hurt them making any change. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up an asset to get rid of him, and we don't have assets to give up. It's moves like this where DL and the front office really screwed up. They knew we had a problem--the inability to defend small, athletic teams has knocked us out of the playoffs literally ever season. But they never did anything to address it and committed to the wrong type of players.

I think we'd be idiotic to get rid of Snyder, and we're not going to. But I really hope the new owner shakes up the front office. This organization desperately needs a new look, new blood. We've been the same team and done things the same way for decades. I hope the ownership group decides to shake things up.

Getting Traded

Honestly I think the Favors signing was the biggest mistake of the offseason and the major issues with the current front office in a microcosm. And of course I didn't think that at the time. But we are paying him a lot of money and he just isn't adding much, even before the Clippers series--and of course in that series, he was unplayable. The thing is--he didn't add much when we had him before. He was the wrong player for this roster before. And they went and resigned him instead of trying to get the type of player who could actually help us against post-season small ball. We should have used that money diversifying the roster and getting a guy who is different from Rudy, not a shell of who Rudy is. I love Favors, but having precious cap space tied up in him for 2 years is really going to hurt them making any change. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up an asset to get rid of him, and we don't have assets to give up. It's moves like this where DL and the front office really screwed up. They knew we had a problem--the inability to defend small, athletic teams has knocked us out of the playoffs literally ever season. But they never did anything to address it and committed to the wrong type of players.

I think we'd be idiotic to get rid of Snyder, and we're not going to. But I really hope the new owner shakes up the front office. This organization desperately needs a new look, new blood. We've been the same team and done things the same way for decades. I hope the ownership group decides to shake things up.
I liked the signing of Favors, but we did overpay him. But signing him is far from the worst of the roster additions. Like people have said, the end of the bench and lack of contributors there turned out to be a big problem, Matt Thomas being the major mistake.

Ujfanatic

Ill always be a jazz fan but vernon maxwell is funny af

I really wish people would stop quoting him and re-tweeting him. It is fine to roast Utah, I have no problem with that, but not from someone with a long, long history of violence against women. Maxwell kidnapped and raped a woman, knowingly gave another woman herpes, and was arrested as recent as last year for stalking and violating a TPO for his wife. He refused to pay child support during his playing career, when he was making millions of dollars. He threatened a teammate with a gun, faked an injury in a playoff game because he was upset he wasn’t playing more, got into multiple locker room fights, and went into the stands to attack a fan in Portland.

I don’t care if you’re funny or not. If you have that history you do not deserve a spotlight. Let’s please stop giving him one.

DasJazz

90% of this board was clamoring for Favors to sign here the entire year he was gone and the offseason leading into this season.

I don't mind the signing, I mind the length of the contract considering his injury history.

UtahJazz32

I liked the signing of Favors, but we did overpay him. But signing him is far from the worst of the roster additions. Like people have said, the end of the bench and lack of contributors there turned out to be a big problem, Matt Thomas being the major mistake.
Matt Thomas wasn't as big of a blunder that people make it out to be, the biggest error would be having that idiot DL still employed with the Utah Jazz come tip off. His days are numbered and Smith and Wade won't buy his foolish bs

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Matt Thomas wasn't as big of a blunder that people make it out to be, the biggest error would be having that idiot DL still employed with the Utah Jazz come tip off. His days are numbered and Smith and Wade won't buy his foolish bs
It will be interesting to see.
Some owners might like general managers that build number 1 seeds and get runner up for executive of the year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

framer

We can play this game all day
You are just a charmer. I mean Maxwell, a known abuser of women is telling twitter to stop Asian hate. So I guess Asian women are the only ones safe with him.

You follow who you want to follow, but don't be throwing Maxwell around here like some sort of truth teller, dickwad.