What's new

DL and Quin Snyder Rift

Not sure if anything will actually happen with DL or not, but I do think there is something to these rumors. The Danny Ainge and Shane Battier stuff, then Checketts has mentioned a couple of times on his show recently that he's been hearing buzz about Lindsey possibly leaving for months, and now this latest tweet about a possible rift between him and Quin. There's just too much smoke for there not to be some truth.

Last edited:
Not sure if anything will actually happen with DL or not, but I do think there is something to these rumors. The Danny Ainge and Shane Battier stuff, then Checketts has mentioned a couple of times on his show recently that he's been hearing buzz about Lindsey possibly leaving for months, and now this latest tweet about a possible rift between him and Quin. There's just too much smoke for there not to be some truth.
Shane Battier?

DL can’t simultaneously get heaped with credit for building this supposedly great team when it also totally collapsed in the second round and now cannot be sustained because of his consistently ghastly work on the margins.

DL built a title favorite almost entirely on the margins. I get it...he was not perfect. He made some horrifically bad decisions and this roster had obvious flaws. But when this debate between Quin and the FO comes up, it's really clear to me that Quin failed this franchise in a much bigger fashion. When you stack up our team with our opponents...we had more talent. If Quin was more versatile or could even just motivate his team to play like underdogs the Jazz should have won.

I understand that these recent moves have been awful, but I can't be convinced that we didn't have enough to beat a Clippers team without Kawhi. Especially with a double digit lead at home and 25 point lead on the road. I don't think we were wrong to be considered massive favorites, it was just a clear performance failure. Quin's job is to make sure his players perform and he has been miserable at it once opposing coaches make adjustments.

Now, I wouldn't disagree if you said that DL should be gone because he's been living too long on his past wins....but Quin is pretty much living on nothing right now. This isn't the first time he has failed in spectacular fashion. It happened last season as well. I don't care if both are gone, but I do want Quin gone because I think it is unreasonable to expect a roster so talented that we can win with his poor playoff tactics and inability/unwillingness to adjust.

Without Kawhi Clippers rotation is still like 10 men deep. We were playing Donovan with one leg and Conley without hamstring. If you compare the two teams, Clippers had more talent. Period.

Mann scored 39 points because of our soft D. I get it. But that's still 39 ****ing points coming from their eighth or ninth man in the rotation. Niang never score that many points in the regular season even on his best shooting nights. There's simply no comparison between the guys they've had on their end of bench with ours.

Plus I won't call leading a team to number 1 seed in the league despite a mediocre offseason "living on nothing". That's a drastic improvement from last year's sixth seed finish.

Is DL’s third best draft pick Grayson Allen?

Getting Don and Rudy really seems more like a blind squirrel finding a couple nuts thing than a DL actually being good at something thing.

Rumor Tony Jones mentioned on a podcast the other day that there's some interest (i'd assume from Wade) to bring Battier into the FO. In what capacity who knows. About a week ago he left his job with the heat. He was in charge of the basketball development and analytic departments.
Into it. Dude has both the perspective of a player and that of a basketball intellectual/data guy. Perhaps most importantly, the Heat DO WORK.

Last edited:
Into it. Dude has both the perspective of a player and that of a basketball intellectual/data guy. Perhaps most importantly, the Heat DO WORK.
Yeah I'm all for it. Plus you want as many people who have been in a championship organization. Winning breeds winning so why not get as many people who have that experience into the building. This could be seen as overdramatic but getting Wade into the ownership group could potentially be one of the best long term acquisitions ever for the franchise.

Without Kawhi Clippers rotation is still like 10 men deep. We were playing Donovan with one leg and Conley without hamstring. If you compare the two teams, Clippers had more talent. Period.

Mann scored 39 points because of our soft D. I get it. But that's still 39 ****ing points coming from their eighth or ninth man in the rotation. Niang never score that many points in the regular season even on his best shooting nights. There's simply no comparison between the guys they've had on their end of bench with ours.

Mann scored 39 because of Rudy half-assing his contests the whole game.

That's a load of ********.

Watch the game, then get back with me. He left him open every time and barely showed at all whenever Mann had the ball to the point where Mann wasn't even scared of the contest by Rudy.

End result, 39 points because of matador defense by the beloved Rudy Gobert.

Watch the game, then get back with me. He left him open every time and barely showed at all whenever Mann had the ball to the point where Mann wasn't even scared of the contest by Rudy.

End result, 39 points because of matador defense by the beloved Rudy Gobert.
wasnt just rudy, royce was getting beat off the dribble for days.