What's new

Do not do a twitter search of Trey Burke

Now that Trey Burke has apologized for being a victim, I am waiting for Jennifer Lawrence, Anna Kendrick and all those celebrity women whose pictures were leaked this month to issue public apologies. How dare they not apologize for their privacy and trust being violated! Sluts!

I, apparently, am in the wrong for saying that people might be repressed, naive, and dumb for attacking a kid who was taken advantage of, stolen from, and humiliated. My deepest apologies if anyone got hurt over me "name calling".

Now, to those people who believe that I am in the wrong for stating my "opinion" on the matter, please answer me this. If someone broke into your home and stole a television, a sentimental piece of art that your six year old made you in class last week, embarrassing prescription medications, a pair of sexy underwear, your laptop, a home video collection, or family portraits, would that be your fault? Would you be subject to character judgement? What if somebody made this stuff public? Called you a poor parent, husband, wife, or head of household, because somebody was able to break into your home and steal something personal? How dare you. Would you feel right about calling a neighbor out if this happened to them? THIS IS NO DIFFERENT!

This kid has been victimized. This is a human being that trusted someone that they had an intimate relationship with, and had that trust ripped from him in a very public, humiliating manner.

Negative rep me all you damn well please, but anybody that questions personality traits of a college age kid over a ****ty situation in which HE was the victim, really aught to be disappointed in themselves. I shouldn't have used the words repressed, naive, or dumb to describe those people. No, what SHOULD have been said is much less civil. Give the kid a break. He did nothing wrong here but put his trust in someone that had other intentions. Every single one of us does it, so get off your high horse and support the guy that plays his heart out on the court to give people like us a chance to cling to the success of professional athletes that we were never good enough to be. He's a hard working, passionate individual who had ups and downs as a rookie on an awful team. He's a good guy that has a lot of room to grow, and he's OUR guy. Get behind him or suck it up until he's either gone, or a great success, and you've changed your mind.

Thoughts? Mellow? Thumbs down?
I agree with what you are saying, though I have no idea whether you are right that he was in an intimate relationship with this woman. For all we know he was thinking with the wrong head (which men are prone to do) and put trust in someone who he had no reason to. No matter how it came down, though, it is a very uncool move by the person who posted the pics. Does anyone know how/why they were made public?

This should be nothing more than an embarrassing learning lesson for a young person. Jokes are to be expected as Burke's is a public person caught in a vulnerable position and that is what people do. However this really says nothing about Trey as a person and more importantly to us as a basketball player.

More of a deal for the people who have to think about how they saw Trey Burke's penis every time he plays basketball. It's likely Trey won't be thinking about it as often as those people.

That being said, I'm glad he has a penis.

If this ever happened to me I'd pass it off as a "before" picture, and then tell people to stay tuned.

Penis.

The criticism that Trey was short was unfair, we just found out he is average.

images

Last edited:
[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];907836 said:
Siro is killin it.

completely on fire. Would rep every post of his in this thread if possible.

Now that Trey Burke has apologized for being a victim, I am waiting for Jennifer Lawrence, Anna Kendrick and all those celebrity women whose pictures were leaked this month to issue public apologies. How dare they not apologize for their privacy and trust being violated! Sluts!

Exactly this.

I assume that he sent the picture to someone he knew, right? Was he harassing anyone? Was he seeking publicity? No. He did a mundane thing that most people do at some point in their lives. How is sending a private picture to someone you're courting a sign of immaturity (for a 22 year old nonetheless)? Because there is a chance it will leak and then the civilization will collapse at the sight of a guy's penis? Your opinion of how he should handle his romantic affairs is irrelevant. He's done nothing immoral. It is his penis, and he'll show it to whoever the **** he wants.

Yeah…I don't think that's entirely legal. Not the picture sending, but showing his penis to whoever he wants. What if it's in public? What if it's a kid? What if this is just a silly reply?

Hold up?!

Anna Kendrick had leaked photos?

I'll be back…later…cause…yeah.

If Burke can't penetrate defenses and ends up busting, he can always go play in the KBL in Korea. I'm sure the locals would understand, and I'm sure he'd love their parks.

[video=youtube_share;FBFnnQDaTy0]https://youtu.be/FBFnnQDaTy0

I know this might sound controversial and pretty crazy, but I'm pretty sure I've found a surefire way to prevent nude photos from leaking.

Don't take nude photos.

He's done nothing immoral. It is his penis, and he'll show it to whoever the **** he wants.

Yep, penises are meant to be shown to people.... that's what I always say.

Flashers and others who were arrested for ludeness and indecent exposure had it right all along.

I, apparently, am in the wrong for saying that people might be repressed, naive, and dumb for attacking a kid who was taken advantage of, stolen from, and humiliated. My deepest apologies if anyone got hurt over me "name calling".

Now, to those people who believe that I am in the wrong for stating my "opinion" on the matter, please answer me this. If someone broke into your home and stole a television, a sentimental piece of art that your six year old made you in class last week, embarrassing prescription medications, a pair of sexy underwear, your laptop, a home video collection, or family portraits, would that be your fault? Would you be subject to character judgement? What if somebody made this stuff public? Called you a poor parent, husband, wife, or head of household, because somebody was able to break into your home and steal something personal? How dare you. Would you feel right about calling a neighbor out if this happened to them? THIS IS NO DIFFERENT!

This kid has been victimized. This is a human being that trusted someone that they had an intimate relationship with, and had that trust ripped from him in a very public, humiliating manner.

Negative rep me all you damn well please, but anybody that questions personality traits of a college age kid over a ****ty situation in which HE was the victim, really aught to be disappointed in themselves. I shouldn't have used the words repressed, naive, or dumb to describe those people. No, what SHOULD have been said is much less civil. Give the kid a break. He did nothing wrong here but put his trust in someone that had other intentions. Every single one of us does it, so get off your high horse and support the guy that plays his heart out on the court to give people like us a chance to cling to the success of professional athletes that we were never good enough to be. He's a hard working, passionate individual who had ups and downs as a rookie on an awful team. He's a good guy that has a lot of room to grow, and he's OUR guy. Get behind him or suck it up until he's either gone, or a great success, and you've changed your mind.

Thoughts? Mellow? Thumbs down?

I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood. I never said anything about your opinion, I commented on the way you argued. I think anyone is entitled to an opinion, and on a story like this there are probably as many different opinions as there are posters. And there ought to be room for all of them.

Where this story lacks details it is prime for people to fill in with their own experiences, values, and prejudices and that makes it personal. It is easy to see that you feel passionate about it. But passion is not an excuse for declaring that everyone must agree with your feelings or else they are naive, repressed or dumb. I negged you privately for that and told you exactly why. If I wanted to argue about your opinion I would have done that out here on the board.

You ought to try convincing people to your point of view without the name calling, it will make you a better writer and thinker and improve your chances of actually persuading someone. Good luck.