What's new

Do you smoke?

Do you smoke?

• Total voters
I smoked for about a year after a breakup. the girl i was in love with smoked, and the new girl i got smoked.
dont know why i was so upset the new girl was much hotter.

Nope. Never have. Not bothered that other people do, as long as I don't have to smell it.

I smoke probably about 10 ciggarettes per month probably

I smoked for about a year after a breakup. the girl i was in love with smoked, and the new girl i got smoked.
dont know why i was so upset the new girl was much hotter.

Just don't marry a smoker, all older women that have been smoking their whole lives look like dried wrinkly prunes, and they all talk like they are packing heat in their crotch.

The thing I really hate about smoking is working with people that smoke. It seems they get irritated very quickly and take like 20 breaks a day. Then they all hang out in the front of our office. So when big clients come to our office they have to pass through the smoking hurd and step over cig butts that they never clean up. So annoying.

smoked for about 10 years in hs and college, quit about 28 yrs ago. I started when I was waitressing and everybody smoked on break - you didn't want to eat the food you were serving, you got tired of looking at it! It was much cheaper then - and you could still smoke in public places. Restaurants had smoking and non-smoking sections. Quit when I got pregnant with my oldest, and never really wanted to go back.

Now it's so expensive - back when I smoked you could buy a carton for what a pack costs today!
Seems a little unbelievable to me that anyone would pay that kind of money just for cigarettes.

Just don't marry a smoker, all older women that have been smoking their whole lives look like dried wrinkly prunes, and they all talk like they are packing heat in their crotch.

The thing I really hate about smoking is working with people that smoke. It seems they get irritated very quickly and take like 20 breaks a day. Then they all hang out in the front of our office. So when big clients come to our office they have to pass through the smoking hurd and step over cig butts that they never clean up. So annoying.

Doesn't the office put ashtrays in the front where they smoke?

smoked for about 10 years in hs and college, quit about 28 yrs ago. I started when I was waitressing and everybody smoked on break - you didn't want to eat the food you were serving, you got tired of looking at it! It was much cheaper then - and you could still smoke in public places. Restaurants had smoking and non-smoking sections. Quit when I got pregnant with my oldest, and never really wanted to go back.

Now it's so expensive - back when I smoked you could buy a carton for what a pack costs today!
Seems a little unbelievable to me that anyone would pay that kind of money just for cigarettes.

I went to Italy and there were sole tobacco shops there and it was not too easy to find as it was in Turkey and packs were really expensive considering how low the price for liquor compared to Turkey. I think it's to discourage smoking. I guess the same applies for the US prices.

Did you quit right away when you got pregnant or a time before that?

Yea, but I guess their aim sucks. I will always support laws that allow employers not to hire smokers if they choose.

Would you support a law that banned smoking in the workplaces but allowed a decent amount of alcohol usage that the dosage is controlled by a detecting system all the time for a changers for smoking as a nerve easer instead?

Would you support a law that banned smoking in the workplaces but allowed a decent amount of alcohol usage that the dosage is controlled by a detecting system all the time for a changers for smoking as a nerve easer instead?

No.

I don't think there should be a ban on smoking in the workplace but I think the employer should have that choice.

Smokers are not a protected class. Employers can refuse to hire them. Alaska Airlines doesn't hire smokers and all new hires have to pass a nicotine test.