What's new

Does Burks deserve to be a starter yet?

I think you have to make Burks a starter, move Hayward to the 3, and let Jefferson be the "star" of the second unit. Who cares if RJ's feelings are hurt, what is he going to do?...leave us for another team at the end of the season?

Yep. You play Burks 35 and Hayward 35 minutes a game and give all the remaining minutes to Dick, he would still get 26 minutes a game. That would be the right thing to do.

To be honest, I'm still not sure why he isn't starting. Maybe Corbin feels if he starts that there might not be much scoring from the bench. Either way I think he's too good to be a bench player.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

But but but..... manu comes off da bench doe

The list of players that have gotten the nod over alec at one point or another is laughable..... Josh howard, raja bell, cj miles, randy foye, Richard Jefferson, and to a lesser extent Jamaal tinsley and earl Watson.

Pretty crappy list.

Look at the career arc of Klay Thompson compared to Burks - how many games did Jefferson play more minutes than Thompson did last year? How many games did Jefferson finish instead of Thompson? I realize it's just one game and Thompson brings a unique skill set (shooting) to the table - but so does Burks It's a shame Utah hasn't cultivated that skill set like stupid old Mark Jackson has.

Look at the career arc of Klay Thompson compared to Burks - how many games did Jefferson play more minutes than Thompson did last year? How many games did Jefferson finish instead of Thompson? I realize it's just one game and Thompson brings a unique skill set (shooting) to the table - but so does Burks It's a shame Utah hasn't cultivated that skill set like stupid old Mark Jackson has.

exactly....what is to be gained by playing Richard Jefferson over klay or alec? nothing that's what

Burks' in-season improvement this season has been jaw-dropping. But I don't really get everyone's obsession with starting vs. not.

Burks' in-season improvement this season has been jaw-dropping. But I don't really get everyone's obsession with starting vs. not.

He gets to play with the other young guys, builds chemistry, gets a few more minutes, is rewarded for his stellar play, helps his confidence.

I think if burks was getting the same minutes as trey, derrick, and Gordon from his bench role then people (myself) wouldn't complain about him starting.

He gets to play with the other young guys, builds chemistry, gets a few more minutes, is rewarded for his stellar play, helps his confidence.

and this is a good point too.......... plus I heard on the radio earlier this year that burks had told his agent that he was unhappy that he was not starting.
Its a fact that some players want to start.

Burks has earned starting caliber time for 20 games. Why is this still controversial?

Who averages more court time out of Gordon, trey, derrick and alec?

Only a Jazz homer would make this comparison.

and this is a good point too.......... plus I heard on the radio earlier this year that burks had told his agent that he was unhappy that he was not starting.
Its a fact that some players want to start.
He'll be starting be the end of the year, kind of like Hayward last year, plus jefferson will be gone.

He'll be starting be the end of the year, kind of like Hayward last year, plus jefferson will be gone.

I hope you are right but I don't think so.
Corbin truly wants burks coming off the bench (which is ok if he finishes every game and gets about 6 more minutes per game).
Even after last night, corbin was interviewed and asked about burks performance and he said "this is how we want alec to play coming off the bench"

Corbin truly wants burks coming off the bench (which is ok if he finishes every game and gets about 6 more minutes per game).
Even after last night, corbin was interviewed and asked about burks performance and he said "this is how we want alec to play coming off the bench"

Who would start at sg if jefferson is gone?

I think if burks was getting the same minutes as trey, derrick, and Gordon from his bench role then people (myself) wouldn't complain about him starting.

How the team benefits most from a designated role is most important (in other words, are the Jazz better with three potential ballhandlers in the starting lineup and no scoring off the bench?). But valid point, in a vacuum.

(in other words, are the Jazz better with three potential ballhandlers in the starting lineup and no scoring off the bench?).

If ya read my post again, I said that im fine with burks coming off the bench (so there would not be 3 ballhandlers starting and no scoring on the bench) as long as his minutes go up and he finishes every game

If ya read my post again, I said that im fine with burks coming off the bench (so there would not be 3 ballhandlers starting and no scoring on the bench) as long as his minutes go up and he finishes every game

I guess this post was kicking around in the back of my head:

But yeah. Has Burks' minutes over the last, say, 2 weeks not been on par with The Other Croe Fourve?