What's new

Does NBA blackout the Jazz in Idaho Falls?

MrBlue

Entertaining the idea of moving up there. Just curious is the Jazz are subject to blackout if I get LP.

Call the cable company or DIRECTV with the zip code and ask if you get root sports as the local regional sports network and that it includes Jazz games. If it does, yes, you're blacked out on nba lp.

I lived in Rexburg, and it was blacked out there, because you get root on cable one.

It seems like you're better off getting Root sports, unless you want to hear the other guy's broadcasts. It's much cheaper than getting League Pass. Unless you're stuck just getting the broadband option I guess.

I live in Idaho falls. I have directv. if you get the package that includes root sports rocky mountain you will get 98% of the games with out being blacked out the rest of the games will be on espn or tnt or local channels. you mite not get one or two games at the most. don`t get nba league pass unless you want to watch other teams. good luck have a nice day.

Here's a random question, since people are talking about getting Root Sports: Is it possible to request Root Sports if you live in, say, Texas (I have Dish Network)? Or is it just that ID would be within the geographic reason of getting Root rather than LP?

Here's a random question, since people are talking about getting Root Sports: Is it possible to request Root Sports if you live in, say, Texas (I have Dish Network)? Or is it just that ID would be within the geographic reason of getting Root rather than LP?

You could get root sports but you would not be able to get Jazz games

I live in Idaho falls. I have directv. if you get the package that includes root sports rocky mountain you will get 98% of the games with out being blacked out the rest of the games will be on espn or tnt or local channels. you mite not get one or two games at the most. don`t get nba league pass unless you want to watch other teams. good luck have a nice day.

Another question for you: Do you like living in Idaho Falls?

Another question for you: Do you like living in Idaho Falls?

yes I live in Idaho falls between Iona and Ammon. and directv channels 681 to 683hd it is not blacked out. and I don`t bother with nba league pass. since I only watch jazz games. if your interested in other games then get nba league pass. any more questions send me a private message and I will help you out more. have a nice day.

These blackout rules are garbage. League Pass should be an option for anyone regardless of whether they subscribe to cable or satellite. We cancelled cable a while back and couldn't be happier with the decision—with the exception of losing access to Jazz games. Boo.