What's new

Don and Mike questionable

I kinda feel like unless the Jazz and all parties really believe they can win the finals given the health concerns, there's really nothing but downsides to playing them at this stage.

But if they think there's a shot, go all in. No more of this wishy-washy horse-****.
It's all about likelihood.

The downside to getting on a plane is that it may crash. But how likely is that? So, what is the most likely downside to both playing? Sure, there's always a catastrophic chance something could go horribly wrong but that's the case with anything.

The most realistic downside to both playing is that they get even more hobbled and the Jazz lose. Season over.

What's the most realistic upside, tho?

They get through this with a win, Conley is feeling pretty good and we move onto game seven and a chance to open the West Finals at home against a Phoenix team without their PG.

To me, the choice is clear.

The downside to getting on a plane is that it may crash. But how likely is that? So, what is the most likely downside to both playing? Sure, there's always a catastrophic chance something could go horribly wrong but that's the case with anything.

The most realistic downside to both playing is that they get even more hobbled and the Jazz lose. Season over.

They get through this with a win, Conley is feeling pretty good and we move onto game seven and a chance to open the West Finals at home against a Phoenix team without their PG.

In any case, the Jazz shouldn't be playing both of them ~36+ minutes a game. They need to manage each other's loads.

In any case, the Jazz shouldn't be playing both of them ~36+ minutes a game. They need to manage each other's loads.

I think both playing may help with that. Gotta see how they look, though, I guess. Sucks this is only game six since we'd still have a game seven even if they win.

This is potentially the last game of the season. You gotta go all in. If they are both too hobbled to get it done, well then the off-season starts anyway. If they do get it done somehow the season keeps going and every game played is a chance to advance. My bet is we'll see them both on the court tonight.

Unfortunately my bet is also that no matter what we still lose tonight.

If Donovan is hobbled like he was last game, just sit him. He is a negative on the floor like this. I'd rather see Bogey, Joe, and Clarkson get more time with the ball. Might not be a winning strategy, but it's better that watching a disabled star limp around.

Don's chance to be a legend.
Comes out hobbled and goes for 30 plus and wills them to a championship.

If Donovan is hobbled like he was last game, just sit him. He is a negative on the floor like this. I'd rather see Bogey, Joe, and Clarkson get more time with the ball. Might not be a winning strategy, but it's better that watching a disabled star limp around.
Since John Stockton is in the news today, I will harken back to the end of his career. There were certain things he could just not do anymore because of injuries or father time. He was smart enough that he would not attempt to do them or he would fake doing them and then do something else out of the move. Then if his opponent would start to overplay because he couldn't go left anymore, Stock would go left in slow motion and be effective doing it because the opponent was so far out of position. Spida and Conly have to be cerebral and do what their bodies will allow them to.

I’d also factor in likelihood of winning the next round... I know CP’s status is up in the air so it’s a little tough to guess... but if Mike and Don have no real chance at getting better until they stop playing for a few weeks Im not sure just getting to the next round is worth it. Don has looked worse each game with last game looking like he was on one leg. If it has a chance to respond to treatment and get better while he’s active then sure but I don’t think that’s how injuries work.

Harden looked better last night but he still really has not tested his hamstring. Maybe Mike can get progressively stronger and end up close to normal... Donovan I have less hope for.

This isn’t the finals though.
We limp through game 6/7 only to get swept by the Suns... that’s why I’m so hopeless. I guess maybe Don and Mike look okay tonight and I can get my hopes up but Donovan looked like how I look when I play basketball without warming up. Just kinda honking around trying to do stuff... not sure why he’d be better two days later.

We limp through game 6/7 only to get swept by the Suns... that’s why I’m so hopeless. I guess maybe Don and Mike look okay tonight and I can get my hopes up but Donovan looked like how I look when I play basketball without warming up. Just kinda honking around trying to do stuff... not sure why he’d be better two days later.
If CP3 misses the first two games, just sit Donovan.

Getting eliminated in 6 by the Kawhiless Clippers would be a lot worse than anything that happens after that. You need to win this game and plan from there. This isn't a Memo situation where he is playing on a semi-ruptured tendon.

We'd also have much less problems against their defense relative to the Clippers' defense.

Phoenix is good, but without Chris Paul they don't sweep us. Even if we're missing guys.
I don’t want to kill anyone’s good vibes... I just don’t think we get out of this series or the next without healthy Mike and Donovan at say 70%. Unless Paul actually has Covid he will be back by game 3 or sooner... I think we’d need him out 4 games or so without a healthy DM. I think Mike playing is a Hail Mary at the buzzer... he might be ready but I’m not gonna be surprised if he spends more time in the locker room than on the court.