What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

Why do you think Mueller released this list?

He wanted to expand his residence by a few hundred square feet. That is, the residence in donnie's head. That first and foremost.

Donnie thinks himself invincible, amazing, and the greatest ever. I'm fairly certain Mueller expects him to bite in the next month. Donnie will be prepared by his staff, and his lawyers. But donnie will be donnie, and go off script. Mueller imagines this likely happen without him present, donnie cherry picking the questions he answers, and then answering them either through his spokeswoman, or preferrably on Fox n Friends.

He wanted to expand his residence by a few hundred square feet. That is, the residence in donnie's head. That first and foremost.

Donnie thinks himself invincible, amazing, and the greatest ever. I'm fairly certain Mueller expects him to bite in the next month. Donnie will be prepared by his staff, and his lawyers. But donnie will be donnie, and go off script. Mueller imagines this likely happen without him present, donnie cherry picking the questions he answers, and then answering them either through his spokeswoman, or preferrably on Fox n Friends.

No, I meant, why do you think Mueller was the source?

This Washington Post report seems to answer some of the questions:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1d6dc0d9bfe_story.html?utm_term=.a1195713096b

"In a tense meeting in early March with the special counsel, President Trump’s lawyers insisted he had no obligation to talk with federal investigators probing Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.

But special counsel Robert S. Mueller III responded that he had another option if Trump declined: He could issue a subpoena for the president to appear before a grand jury, according to four people familiar with the encounter.

Mueller’s warning — the first time he is known to have mentioned a possible subpoena to Trump’s legal team — spurred a sharp retort from John Dowd, then the president’s lead lawyer.

“This isn’t some game,” Dowd said, according to two people with knowledge of his comments. “You are screwing with the work of the president of the United States.”

The flare-up set in motion weeks of turmoil among Trump’s attorneys as they debated how to deal with the special counsel’s request for an interview, a dispute that ultimately led to Dowd’s resignation.

In the wake of the testy March 5 meeting, Mueller’s team agreed to provide the president’s lawyers with more specific information about the subjects that prosecutors wished to discuss with the president. With those details in hand, Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow compiled a list of 49 questions that the team believed the president would be asked, according to three of the four people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly. The New York Times first reported the existence of the list."

".......Should Mueller seek to compel Trump’s testimony using a subpoena, a legal battle could ensue that could delay the investigation and force the issue into the courts, potentially to the Supreme Court."

Trump's lawyers...

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/trump-mueller-questions-leaked-leaked-article-1.3965486

Who had the motive to put these questions out for public consumption? The answer is obvious: Trump’s own lawyers. They know that they have a client who has serious problems with the truth.

They also know that their client thinks he knows more than his lawyers, considers himself his chief legal strategist and is likely not disclosing to them the truth of his knowledge about his campaign’s involvement with the Russians.

And they know he is intent on barrelling into an interview with Mueller, sure that he can outsmart some of the nation’s best criminal lawyers.

This is the classic example of a person representing himself and having a fool for a client.

The only way Trump’s lawyers can deal with a fool is to scare him off by publicizing the wide scope of Mueller’s questions so Fox and Friends can explain to him on national television why he should resist any such testimony and, if necessary, follow Cohen — and assert his Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination.

Trump's lawyers...

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/trump-mueller-questions-leaked-leaked-article-1.3965486

Who had the motive to put these questions out for public consumption? The answer is obvious: Trump’s own lawyers. They know that they have a client who has serious problems with the truth.

They also know that their client thinks he knows more than his lawyers, considers himself his chief legal strategist and is likely not disclosing to them the truth of his knowledge about his campaign’s involvement with the Russians.

And they know he is intent on barrelling into an interview with Mueller, sure that he can outsmart some of the nation’s best criminal lawyers.

This is the classic example of a person representing himself and having a fool for a client.

The only way Trump’s lawyers can deal with a fool is to scare him off by publicizing the wide scope of Mueller’s questions so Fox and Friends can explain to him on national television why he should resist any such testimony and, if necessary, follow Cohen — and assert his Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination.
Turns out those questions were actually put together by Trumps own legal team based on subjects Mueller's team informed them he was interested in gaining more information about.

In the wake of the testy March 5 meeting, Mueller’s team agreed to provide the president’s lawyers with more specific information about the subjects that prosecutors wished to discuss with the president. With those details in hand, Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow compiled a list of 49 questions that the team believed the president would be asked, according to three of the four people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly. The New York Times first reported the existence of the list.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e34c234d3a82

This makes it all the more obvious that Trump's kvetching about witch hunts and leakers is all a charade.

I'm naive if I thought the New York Daily News opinion that the reason Trump's lawyers would leak the questions was to warn their foolish client. As the Washington Post article pointed out, Trump has no intention of being interviewed by Mueller, especially in view of his anger at the raid on his attorney Cohen....

I guess it makes more sense that the leak came from Trump's team, not to warn Trump off from a desire to sit down for an interview, but to play the media to Trump's advantage:

https://www.salon.com/2018/05/02/tr...new-york-times-the-same-way-the-russians-did/

The whole thing may seem bizarre at first blush. Why would Trump and his lawyers leak a story and then run around publicly pretending that Trump is the victim of an unfair and outrageous leak? If that's what they're doing, it actually makes a dark sort of sense. Trump benefits both from increasing the noise and confusion around the Russia investigation and from stoking the narrative that he's the victim of some kind of conspiracy involving the "deep state" and the "fake news" media.

Leaking a story and then acting like a victim of the leak seems like exactly the kind of plot Trump and his crew would hatch to advance their narratives. The thing to remember is that Trump has a long history of manipulating journalists, and of planting stories in the press while pretending they don't come from him.......

So the question now rests with the New York Times. If, as I suspect, these leaks really came from Trump's people, then Times reporters must be alert to the possibility that they're being used as instruments of Trumpian propaganda, just as they were previously used as instruments of Russian propaganda. Protecting sources is sometimes important, if those sources are genuine whistleblowers who fear retaliation. But if this is a case of the president's men using the press as a weapon to sow confusion and misinformation, then the journalists at the paper of record need to stop chasing clicks and pay attention to their duty to democracy.

Turns out those questions were actually put together by Trumps own legal team based on subjects Mueller's team informed them he was interested in gaining more information about.

In the wake of the testy March 5 meeting, Mueller’s team agreed to provide the president’s lawyers with more specific information about the subjects that prosecutors wished to discuss with the president. With those details in hand, Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow compiled a list of 49 questions that the team believed the president would be asked, according to three of the four people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly. The New York Times first reported the existence of the list.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e34c234d3a82

This makes it all the more obvious that Trump's kvetching about witch hunts and leakers is all a charade.

I know. I had posted that same article and that passage earlier. It's more likely these were leaked to further Trump's narrative that Mueller is off the rails and out of control. But, if you look at the questions as written, I have no idea how that narrative flies. And even if Trump does fire Mueller, the investigation will not end:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/02/firing-mueller-russia-investigation-565570

This part of the Trumpian soap opera, our national reality tv series, is funny. Sad maybe, but I gotta laugh....

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-letter-attesting-to-his-extraordinary-health

In December 2015, Donald Trump's personal physician released a letter describing his patient's health in language that sounded more like it was written by the patient himself than the doctor — and it turns out that might be exactly what happened.

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency," Dr. Harold Bornstein, a gastroenterologist from Lenox Hospital in New York, wrote at the time.

The letter said that a recent medical exam showed "only positive results" for the then-candidate and that "his physical strength and stamina are extraordinary."

As NPR's Jessica Taylor reported at the time: "The full letter is written in true Trumpian fashion, full of hyperbole and boasting of greatness. Bornstein calls Trump's blood pressure 'astonishingly excellent.' "

However, Bornstein now tells CNN that Trump was the one who wrote it after all.

"He dictated that whole letter. I didn't write that letter," Bornstein told CNN on Tuesday. "I just made it up as I went along."

Trump, who was 70 when he assumed office, is the oldest person ever to be elected president.

Bornstein's admission comes as also he tells NBC that a long-time personal bodyguard for Trump, along with a top lawyer at the Trump Organization and a third man, conducted a "raid" on his office on Feb. 3, 2017, in which they seized the president's medical records.

Bornstein told the network: "They must have been here for 25 minutes or 30 minutes. It created a lot of chaos." He said he felt "raped, frightened and sad."

That incident in 2017 occurred just days after The New York Times published a story based on interviews with Bornstein, who told the newspaper that the president takes a prostate-related drug to treat baldness, known as Propecia, as well as other "antibiotics to control rosacea, a common skin problem, and a statin for elevated blood cholesterol and lipids."

Another nothingburger, right trumpers?

This is why Donald’s abuse of pardons is so frustrating to me. I’d like to see Manafort flipped. But if he thinks Donald will just pardon him, why flip?

Paul Manafort and his longtime business associate were indicted Friday on new charges that they conspired to obstruct justice — ratcheting up the pressure on President Trump’s former campaign chairman as he tries to stay out of jail while awaiting trial.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7ae696-6b44-11e8-bf8c-f9ed2e672adf_story.html

Another nothingburger, right trumpers?

This is why Donald’s abuse of pardons is so frustrating to me. I’d like to see Manafort flipped. But if he thinks Donald will just pardon him, why flip?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...7ae696-6b44-11e8-bf8c-f9ed2e672adf_story.html

Just before he took off for the G7 summit, a reporter shouted out to him, asking if he would pardon Manafort or Flynn. His answer: "It's way to early" to consider pardons. Sounds like a "yes" to me....

Just before he took off for the G7 summit, a reporter shouted out to him, asking if he would pardon Manafort or Flynn. His answer: "It's way to early" to consider pardons. Sounds like a "yes" to me....

Exactly.

One poster in particular on this website seemed angry at me pointing this out to him. He even threatened to block me over it. Wonder how he feels now?

Trump can obstruct justice and thwart this investigation with this kind of nonsense. This Republican Congress will let him. Very concerning.

Exactly.

One poster in particular on this website seemed angry at me pointing this out to him. He even threatened to block me over it. Wonder how he feels now?

Trump can obstruct justice and thwart this investigation with this kind of nonsense. This Republican Congress will let him. Very concerning.

Reading things like this puts me in the mood of seeing Trump as a true Manchurian candidate. I'm sure that will be seen as the ultimate overreaction, but I can't help but wonder if this guy isn't in fact a traitor. So far, I've only been willing to believe he and his campaign helped Putin in his intereference in the election, with maybe easing up on sanctions as a reward for that help. Now it's true the sanctions were eventually increased, but only very, very reluctantly, and that might have been an audible Trump was forced to make, while the true goal of breaking up the Western alliance was kept in sight all along, and every effort made to achieve it. I honestly think the man's words and actions are pushing me toward that possibility:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/06/08...with-a-key-goal-when-he-spurns-us-allies.html

Reading things like this puts me in the mood of seeing Trump as a true Manchurian candidate. I'm sure that will be seen as the ultimate overreaction, but I can't help but wonder if this guy isn't in fact a traitor. So far, I've only been willing to believe he and his campaign helped Putin in his intereference in the election, with maybe easing up on sanctions as a reward for that help. Now it's true the sanctions were eventually increased, but only very, very reluctantly, and that might have been an audible Trump was forced to make, while the true goal of breaking up the Western alliance was kept in sight all along, and every effort made to achieve it. I honestly think the man's words and actions are pushing me toward that possibility:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/06/08...with-a-key-goal-when-he-spurns-us-allies.html

From what I’ve read, Putin would like nothing more than to drive a wedge between western allies. He’s never forgotten nor forgiven us for breaking up the Soviet Union. Likewise, he'd like nothing more than to serve some revenge and break up the western alliance.

Trump and the republicans are doing just that.

From what I’ve read, Putin would like nothing more than to drive a wedge between western allies. He’s never forgotten nor forgiven us for breaking up the Soviet Union. Likewise, he'd like nothing more than to serve some revenge and break up the western alliance.

Trump and the republicans are doing just that.

Yep, the stakes could not be higher at this point. BTW, I heard one reason Mueller indicted those 13 Russians when he did, is because it was right after Trump's lawyers sent Mueller the memo in Jan. claiming Trump could not commit obstruction of justice, etc. Mueller knew Trump could not very well pardon Russian nationals, so the investigation of them could continue, and Americans could still be brought in as co-conspirators with those Russians if the evidence warranted it. Smart move on Mueller's part.

Yep, the stakes could not be higher at this point. BTW, I heard one reason Mueller indicted those 13 Russians when he did, is because it was right after Trump's lawyers sent Mueller the memo in Jan. claiming Trump could not commit obstruction of justice, etc. Mueller knew Trump could not very well pardon Russian nationals, so the investigation of them could continue, and Americans could still be brought in as co-conspirators with those Russians if the evidence warranted it. Smart move on Mueller's part.
Mueller is a bad *** American patriot. Anyone trying to disparage him needs to check their facts and their loyalty to the United States. Maybe they'd like Nazi Germany better? Babe???