What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

Your ignorance is staggering. You know the IG report into the FBIs investigation into Hillary came out today right? And you are very wrong about when Manafort's crimes took place. The crimes he is indicted for span from 2006 to 2017. When they took place is pretty immaterial to whether or not it's appropriate for Trump to pardon him for them.
Your ignorance staggers me. He hasn't pardoned them. They crimes did not take place during the campaign. The pattern so far has been that Muller digs through people's past to find any piece of dirt he can and then attempts to leverage that into an implication against Trump. If Trump is guilty then I guess he's getting what he deserves. If he is not guilty you may be right that he should just let Mueller do whatever he's going to do, but that's not Trump's MO. It does not surprise me that Trump is attempting to fight back in any way he can.

I don't like Trump, but I don't think it's fair to treat him as guilty until proven innocent, either, and that's what's happening. The difference in the way Hillary was handled for destroying her emails and unauthorized servers as opposed to the way that Trump is being handled is striking. And yes, I've seen the IG report. It boggles my mind that they can present all of this evidence of politically motivated communication, and then claim that their is no evidence that political motivations played a role in the investigations.

For those who believe that the IG report is indicitave of a balanced investigation, why haven't we seen a single communication from any of the investigators that indicates a conservative bias, or support for a conservative candidate, or disdain for a liberal candidate? I could point to many communications we've seen that exhibit a liberal bias, or support for a liberal candidate, or disdain for a conservative candidate. The investigators seem completely one-sided in their bias. I'l bet the libs would be having a conniption if they uncovered texts that indicated the investigators were intent on preventing Hillary from becoming president, but they think that texts saying the same thing about Trump are no big deal.

Mueller is an AMAZING person who has spent his life in various roles serving the United States of America. He is a Marine combat veteran with a Bronze medal with the "V" designation, Navy and Marine Commendation medals (plural) with the "V" designation, a purple heart and several others. Muller, a Marine, was sent to Army Ranger school and the Army Ranger Airborne school and was later inducted into the Army Ranger Hall of Fame, a rare honor for a person who did not serve in an Army Ranger division.

JJKJ65WSFQZQDN2QCL6SSIQSOY.jpg

OQOWL53ZXM6AFC5NUCRW6LPPNY.jpg

Anyone who wants to besmirch Mueller, this person who has devoted his life to public service, find a mirror, look at it and ask yourself where you went wrong, because you're off the ****ing rails.

For those who believe that the IG report is indicitave of a balanced investigation, why haven't we seen a single communication from any of the investigators that indicates a conservative bias, or support for a conservative candidate, or disdain for a liberal candidate? I could point to many communications we've seen that exhibit a liberal bias, or support for a liberal candidate, or disdain for a conservative candidate. The investigators seem completely one-sided in their bias. I'l bet the libs would be having a conniption if they uncovered texts that indicated the investigators were intent on preventing Hillary from becoming president, but they think that texts saying the same thing about Trump are no big deal.

More ignorance on display. The messages between Strzok and Page also include disparaging comments about Hillary and Bernie Sanders, as well as Eric Holder. Also, it's important to realize there's a difference between having political beliefs, which all of us do, and letting those beliefs taint or bias an investigation. The IG found plenty of the former and none of the latter.

You and others on the right seem to think that it's not allowable for FBI agents to have political beliefs that don't align with your own.

Of course this sets up the inevitable next chapter in this charade, in which Trump calls into question the IG himself, and the right wing media will repeat that this is only further evidence of the Deep State at work.

Your ignorance staggers me. He hasn't pardoned them. They crimes did not take place during the campaign. The pattern so far has been that Muller digs through people's past to find any piece of dirt he can and then attempts to leverage that into an implication against Trump. If Trump is guilty then I guess he's getting what he deserves. If he is not guilty you may be right that he should just let Mueller do whatever he's going to do, but that's not Trump's MO. It does not surprise me that Trump is attempting to fight back in any way he can.

I don't like Trump, but I don't think it's fair to treat him as guilty until proven innocent, either, and that's what's happening. The difference in the way Hillary was handled for destroying her emails and unauthorized servers as opposed to the way that Trump is being handled is striking. And yes, I've seen the IG report. It boggles my mind that they can present all of this evidence of politically motivated communication, and then claim that their is no evidence that political motivations played a role in the investigations.

Yeah, I didn't say he had pardoned them. Of course, the president hinting that he may isn't great for insuring they don't continue to break the law. Manafort for example may feel emboldened to further tamper with witnesses if he believes Trump will just let him off the hook for it later.

Again, I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove when you say Manafort's crimes didn't take place during the campaign, that wouldn't make them any less illegal.

And please spare us this whole Trump is being treated as though his guilt is already proven thing, that only matters to those who will actually cast judgment on him. As for the court of public opinion we are free to make that determination on our own based on publicly available facts, as well as the presidents words and actions, which hardly befit an innocent man.

Fwiw, I'm now biased against Trump. It's a result of reading all the various things he has said and looking at all the various things he has done. And I'm a lifelong Republican who strongly dislikes Hillary Clinton. I haven't really looked at the IG report, but it doesn't surprise me if he saw that people have made anti Trump statements. But did those people let their opinion of Trump affect their jobs, is the larger question.

As far as broad federal investigations go we're not all that far along. Here's a handy little infographic that shows how long the Mueller special counsel investigation has being going on compared to other special investigations, along with indictments produced. View attachment 5951
Thanks for the infographic. As far as these things go, this one is still fairly young.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Mueller is an AMAZING person who has spent his life in various roles serving the United States of America. He is a Marine combat veteran with a Bronze medal with the "V" designation, Navy and Marine Commendation medals (plural) with the "V" designation, a purple heart and several others. Muller, a Marine, was sent to Army Ranger school and the Army Ranger Airborne school and was later inducted into the Army Ranger Hall of Fame, a rare honor for a person who did not serve in an Army Ranger division.

Anyone who wants to besmirch Mueller, this person who has devoted his life to public service, find a mirror, look at it and ask yourself where you went wrong, because you're off the ****ing rails.

Why the heck would he be in their HOF if he never was even one? Seems odd, maybe even shady, like he simply knew someone.

You should probably google "Dr. Steven J. Hatfill" and what Mueller did to him.

More ignorance on display. The messages between Strzok and Page also include disparaging comments about Hillary and Bernie Sanders, as well as Eric Holder. Also, it's important to realize there's a difference between having political beliefs, which all of us do, and letting those beliefs taint or bias an investigation. The IG found plenty of the former and none of the latter.

You and others on the right seem to think that it's not allowable for FBI agents to have political beliefs that don't align with your own.

Of course this sets up the inevitable next chapter in this charade, in which Trump calls into question the IG himself, and the right wing media will repeat that this is only further evidence of the Deep State at work.
I'm interested in the Hillary, Bernie, and Holder messages you refer to. Can you provide a link?

I don't have a problem with FBI agents or others having a political belie that's different than mine. I do have a problem with an agent suggesting they had meetings to set up a plan B to stop Trump, and with an FBI agent assuring someone that "we" will not let Trump get elected. It feels like the sort of bias that would and did taint their investigative work.

I'm interested in the Hillary, Bernie, and Holder messages you refer to. Can you provide a link?

I don't have a problem with FBI agents or others having a political belie that's different than mine. I do have a problem with an agent suggesting they had meetings to set up a plan B to stop Trump, and with an FBI agent assuring someone that "we" will not let Trump get elected. It feels like the sort of bias that would and did taint their investigative work.

Just google Strzok Page Holder and you'll find it. The IG has access to the evidence the agents had when coming to the decisions they made, his determination that the investigation wasn't guided by bias means a lot more to me than whatever your feelings are.

Just google Strzok Page Holder and you'll find it. The IG has access to the evidence the agents had when coming to the decisions they made, his determination that the investigation wasn't guided by bias means a lot more to me than whatever your feelings are.
:eek:

No...

Manafort is gone. Put in a cage. The rest of the trump cartel is sure to follow.

Lock him up!

Keep it comin Mueller! God bless bob Mueller! Drain trump’s swamp!

Again, I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove when you say Manafort's crimes didn't take place during the campaign, that wouldn't make them any less illegal.
Yeah, what could I possibly mean?

We are talking about the Trump Russia investigation and the juicy headline is that Manafort is accused of laundering money years before they met. The vast majority of these indictments so far have nothing whatsoever to do with Trump or Russia. It's discouraging that all of these shady dealings by Manafort et. al. were apparently okay until Trump got elected, and now they are being prosecuted, not because we want to bring Manafort to justice, but because Manafort might somehow help to ruin Trump.

Just googled the exact term you told me to. Did you? I doubt it. If you want to see the sorts of texts that I think are a problem, your suggested google search works perfectly.

Why the heck would he be in their HOF if he never was even one? Seems odd, maybe even shady, like he simply knew someone.
Their HOF is open to graduates of the Ranger school. Service members from all branches can go to Ranger school, but the numbers are very small. Only a select few have the opportunity.