What's new

Donovan Mitchell’s last 5 games averages

Mitchell's changed his shot. His free throw routine is even different (at least Im fairly sure it is).
I've noticed that. My memory tells me his form was very square last year and coming into this year. Really good and he was generally good and repeating the same motions, but his percentages were never great. I think he went to the 10% shooting turn that shooting coaches teach which is shooting foot ahead of off foot with a 8-10 degree inside turn of the shooting foot. He's also has a higher arc.

I made that change about 12 years ago and became real dangerous behind the arc in pickup. Gave me 5 more ft of shootable distance, as well.

I don't think regular season record really matters all that much. Regression/progression will be measured in the playoffs more than anything.

I dont get your angle. Regular season record is almost always indicative of how a team will perform in the playoffs. Something like 4 % of 4-8 seed teams have made finals. It's rare they get out of the 2nd round especially with the move to a 7 game first round.

Yeah, I wish I could find video of just his free throw shooting from a month ago, but NBA.com play-by-play doesnt show FT's for some reason.

He seems to be pushing his elbow much further out pre-shot.

I guarantee he's being influenced by Korver. Watch Korver's pre-shot on his FTs. Same exact motion.

He just got named the western conference player of the week for the first time in his career.

Per Locke... Korver has been working a bit with Royce and DM... all he really said about it...