What's new

Donovan Mitchell is the next Rose, Wall, Westbrook... -Cowherd

Silly comparison; full of errors. Shooting 34% from three is very good, for a rookie.

The only part of the comparison that concerns me is the one about Rose. Not because he can't shoot, but because Rose pushed his body so hard, it broke. Donovan shows some of those tendencies. When he literally jumped over a slightly hunched Capella, I remember thinking all Clint had to do was stand up straight and Mitchell's season and maybe career are over. Scary thought!
Good thing he wasn't jumping over Grayson Allen.

Ultimately, even as a rookie, Donovan Mitchell is more important and noteworthy to society than Colin Cowherd.

Silly comparison; full of errors. Shooting 34% from three is very good, for a rookie.

The only part of the comparison that concerns me is the one about Rose. Not because he can't shoot, but because Rose pushed his body so hard, it broke. Donovan shows some of those tendencies. When he literally jumped over a slightly hunched Capella, I remember thinking all Clint had to do was stand up straight and Mitchell's season and maybe career are over. Scary thought!
I don't see much of a comparison between their games in almost anyway. Rose crashed into everything with reckless abandon and IIRC started having injury issues early. Mitchell's approach is incredibly measured and the way he uses athleticism is very different than some chump with explosiveness.