What's new

Donovan Mitchell tests positive for COVID-19

Rudy IG response.

So far no like from Donovan on the post. Which, Donovan likes basically all teammates posts so if he doesn’t I would say he is upset, and he seems to be. Donovan’s IG post is not warm toward Rudy by early appearance. Like we’ll see....but I think Donovan’s certainly upset with Rudy at the moment.

Last edited:
Best way he could have responded tbh. Now we just need to see his teammates support him.
It's possible they've been peripherally following this and only getting the panic and may believe that Rudy may have killed them.

Also, I will now never purchase Miye Oni's Cameo. I wasn't going to before, but now I never will.

Even if Rudy was "careless," everything else he did that was not joking, like being around them on the planes, buses, touching basketballs, did way more to expose them than him touching some backpacks in the locker room FFS. Let's not be stupid. Also, Donovan may be patient zero. What do you think about that, Jack?

Rudy's team. **** the rest.

He said the media reports thing and people just run with it. He has since deleted it.

It's possible they've been peripherally following this and only getting the panic and may believe that Rudy may have killed them.

Also, I will now never purchase Miye Oni's Cameo. I wasn't going to before, but now I never will.

Even if Rudy was "careless," everything else he did that was not joking, like being around them on the planes, buses, touching basketballs, did way more to expose them than him touching some backpacks in the locker room FFS. Let's not be stupid. Also, Donovan may be patient zero. What do you think about that, Jack?

I don’t think it was Oni, because Oni actually criticized the media. Niang has been pretty supportive on social media. Like Donovan really does look like one of the guys who fed that info out. Maybe not solely but judging by his reactions, he doesn’t say different. The headline is now “Rudy Gobert was careless” He may have been but a teammate(s) feeding that out creates a worse **** storm than it was already.

For more context, Mudiay posted, and tagged both Rudy and Donovan. Donovan left a comment on Mudiays post and liked it. Still nothing toward Rudy. Donovan is upset with Rudy, and quite honestly I’m starting to believe they actually don’t like each other much even prior to this. Also Royce commented and liked Rudy’s post.

You know Miye does the cameo naked right? Its the only explanation for the price being so high... come on fund a naked Miye cameo where he talks about the "sex machine" getting some "new parts" that have elite "length".

I found my post from November 5, and I think this underlying tension has always been there, and I think it's something that's probably kept them from connecting a bit more:

Here are my thoughts, though I’d certainly like to distance them from the backdrop of the more extreme statements. Qualify this by saying I don’t think it’s a big deal, but it’s a small variable that’s there in the background:

This was Gobert’s team. When he signed his extension and then Hayward waffles on his, Hayward went into a shell for a few weeks and Gobert exploded. I felt it was clear he was saying this was his team and sending a message. Then we had some success, ended lob-city, and essentially the entire fan base went into Stayward mode. Gobert was the backbone of the team and then the snake getting all the attention snaked us in the ***. Enter Donovan. Donovan comes in and near immediately fills the Hayward void. The team still struggles, though, and it’s not until Gobert’s return that he puts the team on his back and propels a historic come back to return to the playoffs and oust OKC. All the while, Donovan is the face of the franchise nationally. That summer, Donovan starts to increase his brand recognition, make many media appearances, and represent the league, rather than just the Jazz.

Fast forward to last year and Rudy is snubbed from the all-star game. Donovan tweets out how it’s okay because they were both snubbed (something like that), and Gobert may feel that Donovan may not fully understand and that DM hadn’t fully paid his dues like Rudy had.

You now have a team that can only go as far as it can go on the back of Rudy as the foundation piece, yet there’s no national media on him. Donovan having a breakout year and attracting media attention nationally, while the team has some struggles that, in some part, is due to not having the offense fully utilize Rudy. Injuries to Steph and other guards means DM may be lock for all-star, while Gobert may again be snubbed. There may be a small part of Gobert that feels all his hard work and recognition is absorbed up in the national attention of Donovan without anyone seeing Gobert as the driving force behind a lot of it, and Donovan not showing as much awareness of that but continuing to promote his brand.

As an analogy, it’s like they’re in a band, and Gobert has written the music and the lyrics, but Donovan sings as is front and center, and everyone’s pushing a solo career, not realizing that Rudy is the one behind the music they love.

Anyway, I’ll again qualify that I don’t believe this is a big thing. Both guys want to win. But I believe at some level these thoughts exist — have existed — and this is nothing new.

If we are scooby doo-ing this **** I know who dun it... it was TB... knew he was playing better than Rudy last game and knew if he got one start he could, with the support of DL, get the starting gig long-term. Of course he wore an Ed Davis mask when he was busted and those meddling kids figured it out.

Donovan also liked Clarkson and Royce’s tweets on it. Didn’t Rudy’s. Yeah there’s issues and I think there has been for a while tbh. Understandable why Don is upset, I don’t know everything, none of us do. But I find it hard to think we’re coming back from this with both guys on the team tbh.

With all due respect, f Rudy compared to Donovan. Without a shadow of a doubt, Donovan is the future of this franchise. Gobert is squarely in his prime yet we don't rely on him to win playoff games.

He's a great big man. He's Mutombo. Yay for Rudy, but this is Donovan's franchise unless for some stupid reason we isolate the most promising young player in the history of our franchise.

As for the dissension between them, I'm willing to bet teammates asked Rudy to be more careful around their lockers and belongings. In other words, "quit touching all my stuff. Dude stop." He was probably just messing around, but it turns out he was infected. If Donovan told Rudy to stop touching his stuff even joking around and then Donovan gets sick from it, I don't blame him for being pissed.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

With all due respect, f Rudy compared to Donovan. Without a shadow of a doubt, Donovan is the future of this franchise. Gobert is squarely in his prime yet we don't rely on him to win playoff games.

He's a great big man. He's Mutombo. Yay for Rudy, but this is Donovan's franchise unless for some stupid reason we isolate the most promising young player in the history of our franchise.

As for the dissension between them, I'm willing to bet teammates asked Rudy to be more careful around their lockers and belongings. In other words, "quit touching all my stuff. Dude stop." He was probably just messing around, but it turns out he was infected. If Donovan told Rudy to stop touching his stuff even joking around and then Donovan gets sick from it, I don't blame him for being pissed.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
I agree if you have to chose you chose Donovan....BUT. Donovan also knew about the virus. Was giving out sweaty shooting sleeves. Saw him throw a sweaty jersey to someone in Detroit. Saw several pics of him with random fans around SLC. Saw him sign jerseys on the road and beyond. Like....Rudy got it somehow....and Donovan wasn’t exactly being completely careful himself.