What's new

Donovan, other players considering not playing

And the other 12 players on the 14 man roster minus one dude? K. He’s been a complete bitch the past 3 months, like him or not there’s no other way to spin it. He does owe his teammates and franchise (that’s about to give him a $160-70 million pay day btw) though. He does. He should be better. Period. Not about owing, simply about ding the right thing and being a decent leader. Instead of finding excuses let’s move on.

Dude, what gives you right to call Donovan a bitch? You think because you follow his twitter and instagram you have some deep inside knowledge about what's going on in the locker room? We have no idea what really happened between him and Rudy, was there a sincere apology and so on. You keep complaining that Donovan is not a leader, he's not in SLC right now and so on. So what? He is not some ****ing dalaylama to have to be present in Utah as a spiritual guru. It's an unusual situation with the pandemic, sport has become less important for many people, whole plan of return of the season may as well be changed if there is a bad developement of covid situation and if Donovan choses to spend his time close to his family right now I can perfectly understand that.

I do know more than you, and yes he kinda is and has acted like one both during the situation and since. Don’t tell me what I do and don’t know lol. He can be better, and I don’t really care if you don’t like me saying that.

Also less important? It’s his job. His job that’s about to give him a $170 million payday that he’s asking for insurance for or to be able to sign before play resumes so he’s sure worried about the money, maybe he should have worried about doing his job better too. He’s a spoiled brat who threw a hissy fit, refused to talk to local media, and made all his teammates and the organization deal with it. Stop pretending it isn’t trash.
What is this weird vendetta you have against Donovan? Like did he kick your dog or something? Do I Think it would be better if he was in SLC with the rest of his teammates? IDK maybe. Do I think he's frustrated with the entire handling of the virus? IDK maybe. Do I think he should be talking to media about every little issue he has? IDK maybe. Do I think he's frustrated with Jazz fans about the reaction to the BLM issues? IDK maybe. The point is not one person here is Donovan or talks to him directly so no one knows what exactly is going on behind the scenes and to be fair does it really matter? In case you haven't seen the world recently has a few more serious issues going on that deserves attention rather than worrying about whether or not a 23 year old basketball player is in one state or another, or doing interviews.

What is this weird vendetta you have against Donovan? Like did he kick your dog or something? Do I Think it would be better if he was in SLC with the rest of his teammates? IDK maybe. Do I think he's frustrated with the entire handling of the virus? IDK maybe. Do I think he should be talking to media about every little issue he has? IDK maybe. Do I think he's frustrated with Jazz fans about the reaction to the BLM issues? IDK maybe. The point is not one person here is Donovan or talks to him directly so no one knows what exactly is going on behind the scenes and to be fair does it really matter? In case you haven't seen the world recently has a few more serious issues going on that deserves attention rather than worrying about whether or not a 23 year old basketball player is in one state or another, or doing interviews.
I believe those things have been talked about on here too. I even think I started the thread on it. We can talk about more than one thing on a simple little basketball forum on the Internet. The max contract he’s going to get for doing those basketball things sure is important to him right now and at the top of his mind obviously. I don’t have a vendetta he’s just made himself a part of drama for three months needlessly and I know a little bit more than you think I know. Don’t want these to be topics don’t make yourself a headline for three months.

I do know more than you, and yes he kinda is and has acted like one both during the situation and since. Don’t tell me what I do and don’t know lol. He can be better, and I don’t really care if you don’t like me saying that.

Also less important? It’s his job. His job that’s about to give him a $170 million payday that he’s asking for insurance for or to be able to sign before play resumes so he’s sure worried about the money, maybe he should have worried about doing his job better too. He’s a spoiled brat who threw a hissy fit, refused to talk to local media, and made all his teammates and the organization deal with it. Stop pretending it isn’t trash.

It's hard to believe you have some deeper knowledge of those issues if half of your posts is overreacting to some trivial things: "Donovan liked the picture of Knicks, OMG,OMG!" You sound mostly like a teenage girl obsessed with Justin Bieber.

I personally think that perhaps someone there is losing a bit his own head about the so called "Donovan issue".
Has he done something wrong? Is he doing some mistakes?
Yes perhaps he did or he is doing, but I don't think they are huge foults, nothing really serious...or at least I don't consider them like that at all.
I also want to point out that he is only 23 and he had to face with a very serious problem like Covid is, not a situation you live on a daily basis indeed. Then he also has to control a bit his future (IMO legitimately), trying to avoid unpleasant experience like a big injury, whitch is more likely in the bubble than during the standar nba plan. Then ,as if that weren't enough, he is seriously engaged with the BLM (also VERY important) especially as a man, a human.
To sum up this is a very complex situation, IMO he can be allowed making some no-huge mistakes and so up to now I'm quite relaxed about this topic.

For what it's worth I noticed a pro league in Germany is back playing. Jordan Crawford and Archie Goodwin are players there.

For what it's worth I noticed a pro league in Germany is back playing. Jordan Crawford and Archie Goodwin are players there.
Where the incidence of death due to coronavirus is, after adjusting for population differences, 25% of that in the United States, and where infection rates continue to fall.

Meanwhile, the infection furnace in Florida will likely threaten the NBA’s reboot.

If I recall, Donovan isn't married, doesn't have kids, and basically went to CT to live with his parents while this is going down? Yeah, that's fine, I have no problem with that.

uh oh....

"A falling tree makes more noise than a growing forest".
Unfortunately also in sports the trash side of the fans has very often a louder voice than the majority (the genuine fans).
I know that and so I should be used to it, but actually every time I see such a sleaze behaviour by them I always become sad...not angry, just disappointed.

Like the other guy said. He’s not wrong.
He’s not wrong at all on some people.....the fact it gets ran with because it’s Utah just kind of sucks. We have improvements to make. But go check Lebrons comments, CP3’s comments, Myles Turners comments, many others comments.....like I don’t see Indiana Pacers media writing/printing entire articles on their players comment section. Those people suck. I try to address them when I see them, but it sucks. Don is a good person and he doesn’t deserve that stupidity.

"A falling tree makes more noise than a growing forest".
Unfortunately also in sports the trash side of the fans has very often a louder voice than the majority (the genuine fans).
I know that and so I should be used to it, but actually every time I see such a sleaze behaviour by them I always become sad...not angry, just disappointed.
I’ve given Don a ******** of crap over the Rudy stuff, but he is a good person. I hope when he gets back in a day or two he is showered with love. If I saw him I’d make sure he knows I support him and everything he’s pushing for. The rest of that stuff is just sports, I want he and his family to feel comfortable, loved, and appreciated in this community. He needs to hear and see actual people tell him they love him and support him, and that quite honestly we’re sorry for the idiots on social media who feel the need to say stupid things.

He’s speaking on some “fans” in his IG post messages. Not great.
What is not great is people trying to play the "hey all teams have fans like this" angle instead of calling out racists. Forget about every other team and focus on your team. I am pretty sure Donovan doesn't want to hear excuses or justifications.

Hold on...

The race issue for some is 100% clear and is just black and white. There is no nuance.

But, if one says that we are free'ish. Then you are saying there is nuance. Geez. You are asking a group that doesn't understand the issues to perfectly understand them. I think there is nuance and if you want to win people over you need them to understand it. Help them to see and not just blow it up.

What is not great is people trying to play the "hey all teams have fans like this" angle instead of calling out racists. Forget about every other team and focus on your team. I am pretty sure Donovan doesn't want to hear excuses or justifications.
Eh, both can be true. They aren’t mutually exclusive. I agree fight it, but Jazz fans do get drug through the mud by NBA media a bit much while those comments sit in every comment section. Of course call out racists, all of them, but lots of NBA media members don’t really do that near as much with a Lakers post as a Jazz post.

Also, other teams first comment of “come to my team” or “come play here” aren’t seeing him as any more human. They’re seeing him as an athlete and using frustrating comments to him to help their favorite sports teams motive.