What's new

Donovan, other players considering not playing

Eh, both can be true. They aren’t mutually exclusive. I agree fight it, but Jazz fans do get drug through the mud by NBA media a bit much while those comments sit in every comment section. Of course call out racists, all of them, but lots of NBA media members don’t really do that near as much with a Lakers post as a Jazz post.
It's perfectly fair thing to think and it's somewhat true. Nevertheless, it shouldn't be mentioned when the message is more important than anything. No need to feel insecure like it's directed to entire fanbase.

It's perfectly fair thing to think and it's somewhat true. Nevertheless, it shouldn't be mentioned when the message is more important than anything. No need to feel insecure like it's directed to entire fanbase.
This troll’s whole shtick is to riff on potential insecurities (and then deny his own insecurity).

But it is......check any comment section on Jazz fans, it is. NBA media is also directing it at Jazz fans. They do direct it at Jazz fans in a way they don’t others, it’s not just an insecurity, it’s also true, and I agree let’s address the real issue but many absolutely do target the entire fanbase. Many are lumping you right in with those idiots making the comments.

But it is......check any comment section on Jazz fans, it is. NBA media is also directing it at Jazz fans. They do direct it at Jazz fans in a way they don’t others, it’s not just an insecurity, it’s also true, and I agree let’s address the real issue but many absolutely do target the entire fanbase. Many are lumping you right in with those idiots making the comments.
Eh, I have seen more vitriol for Boston than any other city. If your message isn't stronger in calling out racism without deflecting, you give people weapons to attack you. If there is stigma, you try to change it through actions not by complaining.

I have been talking about Don's message. No need to feel insecure about him calling out racists.

Eh, I have seen more vitriol for Boston than any other city. If your message isn't stronger in calling out racism without deflecting, you give people weapons to attack you. If there is stigma, you try to change it through actions not by complaining.

I have been talking about Don's message. No need to feel insecure about him calling out racists.
I mean as have I....including here. Also my comment isn’t about Donovan calling them out in any way, it’s more the generalization by NBA media/fans. The comment section is never going to have 100% good comments. We should strive for it and call it out for sure though.

I mean as have I....including here. Also my comment isn’t about Donovan calling them out in any way, it’s more the generalization by NBA media/fans. The comment section is never going to have 100% good comments. We should strive for it and call it out for sure though.
If you thik that there are going to be a few posts by racists in every post, why do you feel insecure about some randos on insta generalizing Utah?

*Call out racists without deflecting. That's the most important part.*

If you thik that there are going to be a few posts by racists in every post, why do you feel insecure about some randos on insta generalizing Utah?

*Call out racists without deflecting. That's the most important part.*
Because it’s not just random. It’s also reputable NBA media and people around the league. Having more than one conversation isn’t deflecting. No you do not have to be okay with being lumped in with racists by NBA media and those surrounding the league. I am also not okay with those comments or racism. Stop pretending these things are mutually exclusive. They are not.

Also yes, there are ****** people and I hate them. I respect what Donovan is doing. He is making a really strong point to call this stuff out and show the problems that exist. He’s trying to address this issue especially in this community like no one ever has and I respect him a lot for it.

Also yes, there are ****** people and I hate them. I respect what Donovan is doing. He is making a really strong point to call this stuff out and show the problems that exist. He’s trying to address this issue especially in this community like no one ever has and I respect him a lot for it.

Unreal. I doubt Donnie re-signs.

Can't say i'm shocked by this. I'll miss Donovan.

What they did to the George Floyd mural was disgusting and should be punished. It is like the kid who does the spitball in class with the Substitute teacher. Is the whole class at fault? Maybe it is. Can people be redeemed if they let idiocy flourish?

What they did to the George Floyd mural was disgusting and should be punished. It is like the kid who does the spitball in class with the Substitute teacher. Is the whole class at fault? Maybe it is. Can people be redeemed if they let idiocy flourish?

It’s nothing like that.

MLK Jr said that you fight darkness with light. How the hell do you bring light against this darkness? Pointing it out? Tell people they should change? And how many in SLC agree with this garbage? Half? 25% 10% 5% 1%? Even 1% is disgusting. Maybe they whole city deserves the shame? How do you reach the kids? Where is the good examples of love in their lives?

MLK Jr said that you fight darkness with light. How the hell do you bring light against this darkness? Pointing it out? Tell people they should change? And how many in SLC agree with this garbage? Half? 25% 10% 5% 1%? Even 1% is disgusting. Maybe they whole city deserves the shame? How do you reach the kids? Where is the good examples of love in their lives?

At the temple, duh.

Can't say i'm shocked by this. I'll miss Donovan.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter if he decides to stay or not, there will always be racism around in any or every city. SLC, LA, NYC... whatever. Donovan is really loved here in Utah and I really hope he sees that beside looking and seeing all the bad things.

Wait..they fixed the mural within 24 hours..whew good news and he can have a mural in SLC. But yeah, if one wants a perfect world then SLC is not it. Maybe Mitchell wants to be somewhere where the love is stronger and doesn't want to tolerate these crimes. I wouldn't want to either. It is too much work outside of what is normally expected to help change a backward community.