What's new

Donovan, other players considering not playing

If the Jazz have to trade Don because of this or he wants to leave soon, the damage will be long lasting to the franchise in general.
We have him for at least 4-5 years. What’s the rush?
if they get a good offer they should roll the dice and take it.
What’s the percentage of this making us better than we are now, or even The percentage of making us equal to what we are now? I feel we are one player away, you resign Gobert and then you have at least 4 years to find that player. That option is much more likely to work than starting over. I’ll live and die by Gobert and Mitchell no hesitation

We have him for at least 4-5 years. What’s the rush?

What’s the percentage of this making us better than we are now, or even The percentage of making us equal to what we are now? I feel we are one player away, you resign Gobert and then you have at least 4 years to find that player. That option is much more likely to work than starting over. I’ll live and die by Gobert and Mitchell no hesitation

With 3 or 4 unprotected Knicks first round picks? It's not bad. This draft sucks nuts but not every year will be terrible and Don isn't good enough to drag the Knicks out of purgatory.

Unless you’re LBJ or MJ one player can’t lead a team to a chip alone. Gobert and Mitchell need the right teammates. Why start over when we are so close. This team as constructed is closer and more likely to get us over the jump than ****ing RJ Barrett and the lottery, and after a year or two Mitchell will make the Knicks decent. Mitchell is exactly the talent they need in NY to get other stars to join. Yes, I know, Mitchell couldn’t get guys to come here, the flaw in this is this is utah compared to NY. Guys will go to NY.

I don’t have much faith in Barrett turning into an allstar, and the chances any of the Knicks picks giving us the bang for our buck is minimal at best.

Mitchell is good enough with the right team. Maybe one more scorer and a tweak of the bench and we’re good to go. The chances of this trade blowing up in the jazz face is far better than the price you suggest the jazz take for Mitchell. The grass always looks greener on the other side, it rarely is though.

Unless you’re LBJ or MJ one player can’t lead a team to a chip alone. Gobert and Mitchell need the right teammates. Why start over when we are so close. This team as constructed is closer and more likely to get us over the jump than ****ing RJ Barrett and the lottery, and after a year or two Mitchell will make the Knicks decent. Mitchell is exactly the talent they need in NY to get other stars to join. Yes, I know, Mitchell couldn’t get guys to come here, the flaw in this is this is utah compared to NY. Guys will go to NY.

I don’t have much faith in Barrett turning into an allstar, and the chances any of the Knicks picks giving us the bang for our buck is minimal at best.

Mitchell is good enough with the right team. Maybe one more scorer and a tweak of the bench and we’re good to go. The chances of this trade blowing up in the jazz face is far better than the price you suggest the jazz take for Mitchell. The grass always looks greener on the other side, it rarely is though.

No, but there is a big big gap between lets say 7 and 15 - 20 which is where Don is and unless he changes a lot about his game he will stay. And 15 - 20 gets you a 4 seed and a 1st or 2nd round exit every single time. You have to have a top 5 guy. You just have to. Outside of the Pistons team, who has won a chip without a top 5 guy?

And I get the lets stay competitive, keep buts in the seats, hope for injuries. I was one of them. Fact is though if you want to win you have to roll the dice for a game changer. They are rare, but they are out there. Just have to be willing to go for them.

Now I don't want to trade Don, if we can keep him for 5 - 10 more years awesome. But if some dumb **** bottom dweller offers us a crazy amount for him you take it.

The wolves with KG were in similar shape as the jazz, they traded him and that went bad for them. This will undoubtedly go bad for Utah. I know the jazz felt forced to trade Deron, but in the end got no closer to contending. The jazz didn’t get where they are today by selling the farm. They made great, and All be it lucky transactions.

I think the jazz fell into the mistake of going for broke trading 3-4 firsts or whatever it was for all those pg’s. Thinking it would put us over the top instead of collecting assets. That Conley trade was disastrous, we lost out on a valuable bench player in Crowder, and two firsts (easy assets) even Allen could’ve become a valuable shooter and scorer off the bench. How different this team could’ve been.

Gobert. Tony Bradley
Bogdanovic. Crowder. Niang.
Ingles. Bogdanovic (3 first round picks lost)
O’Neale. Clarkson. Allen
Mitchell. Mudiay.

hell, we came close to having both Mitchell and Hayward.

my point is we don’t need to do anything drastic till we need to and now is definitely not the time.

in hindsight the jazz should’ve been more patient back then and need to show more now.

Donovan’s ceiling is about 15-20th best player in the league imo.
If he can rain himself in more rely more on his midrange game and develop that Shelvin Mack shot he’d be a far more efficient Than he is now. He can be much better than your crappy *** prediction. He just needs to stop playing out of control and develop his passing.

You lost me after this. He’s in the middle of his third year still young as hell hes not a finished product.

Sure, I'm sure he'll get better. I'm not confident he'll get good enough to move from we'll say 18 to 7 or 8 which is where the Jazz need him to be if we will be paying him that much. Based on his height, skills, physical limitations etc ..... just trying to be real about it.

Sure, I'm sure he'll get better. I'm not confident he'll get good enough to move from we'll say 18 to 7 or 8 which is where the Jazz need him to be if we will be paying him that much. Based on his height, skills, physical limitations etc ..... just trying to be real about it.

u haven’t listens to a damn ****ing thing I’ve told you

if Don doesn't want to play in SLC, the team needs to get something for him.
In three or four years he wants out trade him, we don’t need to now. We don’t know what’s been said behind closed doors but until I hear from him or the team, I want him here, we are one player away, no need to do anything rash.

If we could get Barrett and picks that’s literally realistic best case scenario in a Mitchell deal.

Listen, Donovan has not said he doesn’t want to be here, but I think he’s understandably frustrated with some things, and you know what we should be better. We should help our communities grow. I would also love to see Donovan help this community grow as well. There’s no concrete evidence he doesn’t plan on being here. And obviously if he doesn’t want to be here you’ll have to trade him, but it’s going to be devastating to the franchise for a long time in more ways than just simply losing Don, which is a huge loss not only for the team but Salt Lake City in general.

Like hell it is. WTF kind of Logic is that. I’m going out on a lim and saying a trade like this gives us a minimum of three years of extreme mediocrity, with a good chance for more.

Try to think of a better realistic package than that. Think before you speak.