What's new

Donovan should temporarily change his number in remembrance of George Floyd

whatthe

He should change it temporarily from 45 to 46 (8 minutes and 46 seconds) in remembrance of the George Floyd's death. I think people would be touched and impacted.

They can actually put whatever they want in the name panel of the jersey they are wearing... so he could put Breonna Taylor or Breonna or something on there.

I would 100% support him in whatever he wanted... the number change requires some paperwork I believe. Putting a BLM or something like that would be easier.

That would be so sick. The fireworks would be phenomenal.
The league would not allow it. Which I think is important for people to take an inventory of, because people feel like these massive, money-making enterprises are actually engaging in some kind of bravery, when in reality they're just selling everyone out for the almighty dollar.

Nike cares about social justice? Yeah. They're using Uighur Muslims for labor. But, hey, as long as it feels like social justice and comes with a cool slogan, that's all that really matters anyway.

The league would not allow it. Which I think is important for people to take an inventory of, because people feel like these massive, money-making enterprises are actually engaging in some kind of bravery, when in reality they're just selling everyone out for the almighty dollar.

Nike cares about social justice? Yeah. They're using Uighur Muslims for labor. But, hey, as long as it feels like social justice and comes with a cool slogan, that's all that really matters anyway.
Nike is anti-cancer and pro-puppies though... they are taking a stand.

I’m interested to see what he puts on his jersey. Certainly really important to Don, I’m happy to support him in any way he chooses to use his voice.

I would think it would be too distracting if everyone does it, but certainly if the team did something collectively three or four statements that would stand out and kick but.

Also, they should kneel if they want to. I love the 1st ammendment a thousand times more than the flag. If someone wants to express their hurt or solidarity then go for it. If I did that I would kneel, then aftwards I would kiss the flag to express hope that goodness does exist and may grow into a more perfect union (thats our founders words - a more perfect union - recognizing that things were bad that need to get past).

This thread just became classy...lol...not surprising though but a little disappointing. I should post only when I am drunk.

This thread just became classy...lol...not surprising though but a little disappointing. I should post only when I am drunk.
Huh... we gave some serious answers and then we did some funny stuff... this is the internet not the opera house. When I type this **** my pinky is in the air... I'm classy AF.