What's new

Donovan wins ESPY

First time I have ever heard Donovan at a loss when it comes to what to say. You could tell he was emotional and nervous up there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get it you’re nervous, whatnot, but thanking your agency, and every place you’ve played under the sun except the one you currently play for is strange. There’s a contrast between Rudy’s speech and Donovan’s. There’s no denying it. I can’t say it’s great you forget the organization, teammates, and coach who essentially gave you the opportunity in year one to open this door up.

....nothing means everything...but everything means something.

This.

I agree that thanking the organization or program that has made it happen for you by believing in you and trusting you is the first obvious thing to do, along with thanking your parents and teammates. It is a bit strange, just as strange as him wearing shades while accepting his award. lol

After all things Donovan did to promote Utah.... so many things... then he forgot to say sth about Utah cuz he was too nervous... now people are worried lol. haywood did it so dirty

Don't worry folks! That will not change anything. Just enjoy

Mitchell is high on fame right now. I occasionally let a dumb tweet of his pass knowing that he is very young, inexperienced, drown in fame in so little time. But also, he is very much above the average level of maturity of anyone else that could possibly be in his spot. He is loved and respected by stars of this league. He understands that he has a presence felt in the entire NBA above Jazz organization limits and a franchise player. In this context, I can totally let this one pass, especially when he tried to do the right thing by a tweet directly after it.

None of our beat writers mentioned it either so it looks like DM is already beyond reproach. ****in soft journos, no backbone.

I get it you’re nervous, whatnot, but thanking your agency, and every place you’ve played under the sun except the one you currently play for is strange. There’s a contrast between Rudy’s speech and Donovan’s. There’s no denying it. I can’t say it’s great you forget the organization, teammates, and coach who essentially gave you the opportunity in year one to open this door up.

....nothing means everything...but everything means something.

Dude. Let it go.