What's new

Draft Cole Aldrich.....

If you want some big fat white loser clogging up the paint and not actually contributing to a future title opportunity. He is Ostertag 2.0... Ostertag might actually turn out to be a little bit better when all is said and done. Thoughts?

I would much prefer Monroe or Udoh, but getting Aldrich is not exactly like drafting Billy Ray Cyrus to play center. It would just be a bit disappointing after so much hype over this NY pick for several years.

Was Ostertag EVER slotted to go top five in mock drafts?

That said, I don't think Aldrich is the answer if he's there at 9.

Anyone that compares Aldrich to Ostertag has zero credibility on the subject.

jaws15.jpg

Anyone that compares Aldrich to Ostertag has zero credibility on the subject.

It's just typical stereotyping. He's white, big, and from Kansas so his game must be identical to Ostertag's. If anyone even watched him play in college they would know that it isn't true. Even if they read the scouting reports they could figure it out. But instead, people are lazy and just stereotype.

More skilled Joel Przybilla with less size. If the Jazz could re-sign Boozer, I'd have little issue with drafting Aldrich.

Actually, I don't think Aldrich had all that bad a body fat percentage. Maybe I am remembering incorrectly. It was his speed and athleticism, or lack thereof, that puts me off wanting to draft him.