What's new

Draft Party Attendees.

I saw a chick reading a book while speedwalking the neighborhood in her workout clothes yesterday. It was either really impressive or really weird.

I'd go with really impressive. I can barely walk and read whats's on my phone because I can't hold it steady.

Do I dare ride Frontrunner/Trax up there for the second time in my life if I go? I thought it was slower than an University of Utah linebacker the first time I rode it, but that still might beat sitting in traffic at that time.

I'd go with really impressive. I can barely walk and read whats's on my phone because I can't hold it steady.

I saw her again power walking yesterday sans book.....which means she probably realized she doesn't have super powers. Or maybe she was headed toward the library to pick up another book. She would be on that Stan Lee Superhumans TV show if she could pull it off and actually get anything out of it. I tried it around the house after seeing her.....there's just no way. Regardless, it was a good lesson for her. Because it wasn't a good look. And there's traffic out there, and poles, trees, etc. Safety first. Now she just needs to convert her 1980's track suit into some new workout gear and she might be able to convince the world she has exercised in the past 20 years.

Last edited:
Argh, decisions decisions.

Go to the ESA and enjoy the party atmosphere and all the extras.

Or stay home so I can follow all the trades.

Can't do both.

Can't do both.

Do they not have ESPN going on the screens? Come to think of it, I really don't know what goes down at these things. Somebody tell me.

Do they not have ESPN going on the screens? Come to think of it, I really don't know what goes down at these things. Somebody tell me.

They break in and out of espn, mostly to announce the picks. If a trade happens you might get the main point but will miss all the details, but that is my only gripe. They make a good production and great atmosphere, including free air conditioning and gigantic screens. I've enjoyed it every time I've been able to go.

Jazz are opening up the arena at 10 am Thursday to show the USA World Cup match, I wonder if Rudy Gobert will show up?

They break in and out of espn, mostly to announce the picks. If a trade happens you might get the main point but will miss all the details, but that is my only gripe. They make a good production and great atmosphere, including free air conditioning and gigantic screens. I've enjoyed it every time I've been able to go.

Jazz are opening up the arena at 10 am Thursday to show the USA World Cup match, I wonder if Rudy Gobert will show up?

That would be awesome if he showed up! I wonder if any other Jazz names would be there

I hear Ron Boone will be the EMC for Thursdays Draft Party. I like Boone. I wonder why it isn't Boler. I don't dare get my hopes up.

Can't you incorporate your school into the draft somehow? There must be some common elements of the draft that can be applied to your academics. Book learning isn't all that is important in being successful on the streets.

Good luck.
I'm trying to get my 9-yr old daughter to be a Jazz fan (we live in the LA area). She was big into the Harry Potter series last year and we jokingly re-named the NBA teams after characters in the book. My favorites that she came up with were LA Lockharts (because the Lakers are so enamored with themselves) and Golden State Grindylows. Ironically, last winter my girls team got purple and gold uniforms and this summer we are gold and black. My two LEAST favorite teams. At least the uniforms didn't have their equivalent NBA team names on them.
So what is the Harry Potter equivalent nickname for the Jazz?

In honor of the occasion...

22329.jpg

See what I did there? The Draft. Draft Beer?

Can't do both.

Don't you have a smart phone? You can track the trades on there as you attend and see what's going on at the ESA.

Do your phones get decent reception in ESA. I have Verizon and the last game I went to, the results were sketchy.