What's new

Drinking the Shaq Harrison Kool Aid

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Originally @Handlogten's Heros’ guy. Saw this video of his blocks. Originally didn’t think I’d see much because block videos are worthless for evaluating defense and not seeing a lot of fundamentals, as lots of non-big man blocks are just weak side blocks, but this video was impressive for how he’s getting those. More just how active his hands are, his lateral quickness, instincts, and staying in front of his man. This is the kind of stuff we’re looking to pay people $10M for.

As a side note, watching anything on that Brooklyn court makes me feel like I’m watching a black and white movie where some of the people are in color, like that movie Pleasantville from the late 90s.

Originally @Handlogten's Heros’ guy. Saw this video of his blocks. Originally didn’t think I’d see much because block videos are worthless for evaluating defense and not seeing a lot of fundamentals, as lots of non-big man blocks are just weak side blocks, but this video was impressive for how he’s getting those. More just how active his hands are, his lateral quickness, instincts, and staying in front of his man. This is the kind of stuff we’re looking to pay people $10M for.

As a side note, watching anything on that Brooklyn court makes me feel like I’m watching a black and white movie where some of the people are in color, like that movie Pleasantville from the late 90s.

One of the league leaders in steal, deflections and loose balls... can really play three positions. He will get a Caruso level contract from a contender and I will cry.

Ditto! Him and Justin Holiday I think are attainable perimeter defenders with the length and shooting we need. Although each are bit wirey they just play with great anticipation.

Spam Dennis and Zanik's mailboxes with it.

I think watching highlight videos on defense can show you more then watching offensive highlights. People that live off highlights though crack me up. Not saying you are one of them but the draft guy, Lord, on here is. I was always taught when Scouting a player to watch them when ball isn't in their hands. What is their body language like, do they move around, ext. Harrison is a nice young player but he a dime a dozen player. A player thqt can be found anytime.. role player at best. Now I think jazz needs to work that route. Player development because trades and free agency isn't how a team like the Jazz can compete with current nba western conference.loom five years from now Lakesz,Clippers,warriors ,dockets are not going be the same teams they are now but look at teams like Denver,Memphis,New Orleans,Phoenix Timberwolves are going be legit threats five years from now. Jazz not going win next year or the following year so they should build to compete in the future. Not many people going like this take but it's true and that's the jazz could be picking in the lottery in the 2021 draft. I'm sure Lord B will give use a hundred prospects.

This kid is very gettable. But i don't trust our FO to make the move. we need to invite andy larsen here and ask him to feed this message to the team directly.