What's new

Duh-ron

Marty McFly

Check out this quote from Clutchfans:

When Deron got drafted by Utah, I was sick to my stomach. And when Deron let Utah pronounce his name Darrin instead of DeRon (like they wanted to transform him into an all-american astronaut like Darrin on Bewitched to replace their beloved Stockon), and he went public saying that Darrin is indeed the correct way to pronounce his name (which is not true), I think I did puke, and I decided to forsake him entirely at that point.

True or not?

Link: https://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=195627&page=3

Last edited:
If a rapist from South Central LA can't say his name after playing against him in the playoffs how do you expect us honkys in Utah to get it right.

True story. Jazz often change the names of the players to better suit the market.

Hence By-Ron Russell became "Brian."
Gor-Don Giriciek became GOR-dan.
And Kyrylo became, well, who the hell knows how to correctly pronounce his name, anyway?

If a rapist from South Central LA can't say his name after playing against him in the playoffs how do you expect us honkys in Utah to get it right.

That was Tmac, not Kobe. Rockets fans want to be so right its wrong.

True story. Jazz often change the names of the players to better suit the market.

And Kyrylo became, well, who the hell knows how to correctly pronounce his name, anyway?

I heard they wanted him to change to Stanley Fesenko but he refused. Oh well.

I hope you're joking because that's a stupid thing to say. I've never heard anyone called Byron Russel "Brian", and there's practically no difference in pronunciation between Gordon and Gordan.

I hope you're joking because that's a stupid thing to say. I've never heard anyone called Byron Russel "Brian", and there's practically no difference in pronunciation between Gordon and Gordan.
Really, are you sure his name is Byron Russell?

I hope you're joking because that's a stupid thing to say. I've never heard anyone called Byron Russel "Brian"

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

I hope you're joking because that's a stupid thing to say.

clutchfans is the biggest piece of trash on the internet. It's collective membership has the IQ of a giant rock. The only benefit to clutchfans is that it provides me with hysterical laughter every time I read that garbage site.