What's new

DWill admits Unhappiness in Utah

Sloan and KOC weren't looking to coddle their players, but as we learned Deron wasn't a leader, and unlike Stockton and Malone, they understood Sloan did what he did to make them better. Funny thing is Stockton never had the freedom within the offense that Williams had.
Great points. After Sloan made Deron EARN his minutes (imagine that) the organization did nothing but coddle Williams. He was asked his opinion (by his own admission) on certain players before the Jazz pursued them. He was given the freedom to run some plays. And the Jazz tolerated his Arroyo-esque love for dribbling. He was offered a MAX deal for MAX years, but chose the shorter contract.

The problem was that KOC and Jerry recognized he was still immature (Torey Ellis). And they didn't want him hanging around with his buddy, Dee, who was an alcoholic. Deron needed parents and disciplanarians in Utah, not buddies and enablers.

It's amusing that he criticized Utah for making business decisions to better the team (like the Brewer trade), yet he doesn't mind throwing others under the bus. Didn't he say that he and Kidd were a package deal? Wasn't he insistent at one time on getting Howard? That somehow didn't matter once he had the chance to sign a $20M/per deal.

I have always been an fervent supporter of Deron, but what a douche. I am excited to see the Nets end up the fourth or fifth seed and go out in the first or second round of the playoffs.

Pretty sure the Nets will be better than a fourth or fifth seed with Dwight Howard.

After Sloan made Deron EARN his minutes (imagine that)

Oh can we just ****ing stop with this already? You think Sloan drew the ire of the one man in the universe that almost never questioned him, and actually gave him is iron scepter because Sloan made Deron "EARN his minutes"? Sloan was not playing Deron in the interest of putting his team in the best position to win, he was trying to break him down and make him pay dues. Deron was the best PG the Jazz had the second they drafted him, and everyone knew that. EVERYONE.

Yeah, you can bet they got off on the wrong foot after that.

If you guys want to go where players have no voice, jump in a time machine and go back to the 50's. Or go watch a bunch of short, white stiffs shoot a bunch of jumpers in lesser leagues.

Oh can we just ****ing stop with this already? You think Sloan drew the ire of the one man in the universe that almost never questioned him, and actually gave him is iron scepter because Sloan made Deron "EARN his minutes"? Sloan was not playing Deron in the interest of putting his team in the best position to win, he was trying to break him down and make him pay dues. Deron was the best PG the Jazz had the second they drafted him, and everyone knew that. EVERYONE.

Yeah, you can bet they got off on the wrong foot after that.

If you guys want to go where players have no voice, jump in a time machine and go back to the 50's. Or go watch a bunch of short, white stiffs shoot a bunch of jumpers in lesser leagues.

Isn't there some balance needed here, though? I mean, I'm all for free agency. That's when players need to negotiate for what they want. Once you're signed to a team you should accept the role the team puts you in. It's fine to talk to the coach, GM, owner, whomever, behind closed doors, but in the end they get to decide how they want to use your skills. Bitching to the media, throwing temper tantrums during a game, demanding trades to specific teams, etc. is unacceptable. Not only is it bad behavior, it's bad for the NBA. Very bad, imho.

I'm not specifically talking about Deron here.

You think Favors is growing upset with having to "earn" his playing time?

Could we see this all over again with Favors?

You think Favors is growing upset with having to "earn" his playing time?

Could we see this all over again with Favors?

D-Will didn't have the two best scorers on the team playing ahead of him. He was competing for minutes with Kith McLeod and Milt Palacio. Get your head out of your ***.

Dwill on hayward today. Sorry dwill is an ***

@tksportsbeat: USA Oly BKB,Vegas. Kobe loves @gordonhayward game. Talented "fearless" DWill says Hayward' good not great at everything,not great shooter"

He always seemed to have something against Hayward. Anyways, I think D-will loved the passionate fan base and appreciation he got here in Utah, but his relationship with Sloan and KOC were pretty sour. Just check out his blog, I think he had some nice things to say about us.

Dwill on hayward today. Sorry dwill is an ***

@tksportsbeat: USA Oly BKB,Vegas. Kobe loves @gordonhayward game. Talented "fearless" DWill says Hayward' good not great at everything,not great shooter"
I thought that Hayward had what it takes to be a great shooter until D-Will threw a ball at his head.

Wait a second. Are you saying things ended badly between Deron and the Jazz. Because that is news to me.