What's new

Dynamic Duo Clarkson and Mudiay

Mudiay is definitely born again hard.

It's the shame he's being rehabilitated to go off an earn a nice contract somewhere else.

EM better give his agent an extra nice Christmas present!

I absolutely loved both signings when they happened - actually referred to Clarkson as the best player on Cleveland in a thread about Love sometime back. I love their games - they get things done in slightly different ways (Mudiay is a bruiser with a sick old man game ala Andre Miller in his prime and Clarkson has the nifty moves and the finesse), but they both compete hard and maintain quiet minds in the heat of battle. We may have lost a little ground from last year in terms of interior defense, but our offense, particularly bench is so much more lethal thanks in large part to these two.

I really can't wait for the subs to get in the game when we have Clarkson and Mudiah! They really force the action. I don't have the numbers to back it up but despite Clarkson dominating the ball when he is on the floor, I RARELY see him resulting in a TO. AND, I love seeing Mudiah with his size force the action going down hill.

Both Clarkson and Mudiah are very decisive. There may be a wrong decision but I like that they are decisive and aggressive in their roles. They seem to be a good fit together as well.

I had no idea that Clarkson was that good a player! Should get all the time Conley has been getting! He shoots very well, plays good defense and moves the ball around as well!

I had no idea that Clarkson was that good a player! Should get all the time Conley has been getting! He shoots very well, plays good defense and moves the ball around as well!
And tats!

Hopefully Mudiay gets more if a carved out role as the backup PG. He's definitely earned the minutes and is showing up and producing when given the chance.

It can only help matters down the stretch if we have Clarkson's attack mode teamed up with Mudiay always forcing the action and pressuring defenses to have to guard him.

Gives the starters extra rest most nights which is invaluable as the season progresses.

The answer is too simple. Give him Niang’s minutes and move everyone up a position.
Provided Royce is playing 4, then maybe. That could be a really potent bench unit that is really potent in transition. Having Morgan come on or Udoh could make that spark since this team does so well on offense after a defensive rebound and TB makes the Jazz really doughy in the paint defensively (Morgan shouldn’t dramatically improve the doughy-ness, but he would make the defense quicker and switchier while providing spacing on offense).

During the streak, after the trade for Clarkson, the Jazz finally found their identity. It was because of the hard charging pace of these two. Everything else fell into place. Hopefully Quin will find a regular spot in the rotation for Mudiay.

How did we end up with Clarkson anyway? What did we do to land him on our team? Trade? Free Agent signing? Salary dump by some team?

The answer is too simple. Give him Niang’s minutes and move everyone up a position.

No give him the backup 5's minutes.

Oneale/Niang/Clarkson/Mudiay + one other guard or wing would be a nightmare for defenses to handle. Too much spacing, pace and creation on the floor.

No give him the backup 5's minutes.

Oneale/Niang/Clarkson/Mudiay + one other guard or wing would be a nightmare for defenses to handle. Too much spacing, pace and creation on the floor.
Tomato tomahtoe.