What's new

ED Davis to the KNICKS

Legend tells that if you chant his name three times and toss a basketball in the Great Salt Lake, your basketball will mysteriously float forever on the surface.
lol

So literally the entire board cried, bitched, and moaned to get off of Bradley and Davis' contracts and when we finally do the board has a collective meltdown.

Always interesting on Jazzfanz
John wanna go somewhere to grab some lunch but he did so by doing a 4 hour drive across the state. Got himself contracted with Covid along the way. Do you expect people to say"but he got his lunch", or, "what an idiot".

DL is an idiot
I've taken a nuanced position with DL. I've been very high on him and I've had my criticisms of individual moves, all put into context.

But last night shattered my trust that we have a guy that knows what he's doing. I'm out on it. To have THREE GMs, hardly any draft picks, no cap space, and we get those decisions last night? They are clowns.

So literally the entire board cried, bitched, and moaned to get off of Bradley and Davis' contracts and when we finally do the board has a collective meltdown.

Always interesting on Jazzfanz
Strange you don't mention the fact that having to dump them with assets in the first place is the fault of our amazing front office to begin with.

I've taken a nuanced position with DL. I've been very high on him and I've had my criticisms of individual moves, all put into context.

But last night shattered my trust that we have a guy that knows what he's doing. I'm out on it. To have THREE GMs, hardly any draft picks, no cap space, and we get those decisions last night? They are clowns.
He's a C+ GM that gets treated like the HS Valedictorian.

Strange you don't mention the fact that having to dump them with assets in the first place is the fault of our amazing front office to begin with.
Are we suppose to praise him for cleaning up messes he creates... I would say yes but he surely will create another mess... it is what he does.

John wanna go somewhere to grab some lunch but he did so by doing a 4 hour drive across the state. Got himself contracted with Covid along the way. Do you expect people to say"but he got his lunch", or, "what an idiot".

Depends on what he had for lunch and if there was a mountain dew involved.

Front office can't predict Davis being a literal non participant last season, the guy phoned it in the whole time. And to be honest, we need the cap flexibility to do anything at all with free agency so it's not all bad.

It is a seemingly small thing but it was the final piece of evidence for me to feel comfortable saying that he's average.

Front office can't predict Davis being a literal non participant last season, the guy phoned it in the whole time. And to be honest, we need the cap flexibility to do anything at all with free agency so it's not all bad.
He wasn't a good fit... some people here noted it... his game doesn't work with what we do. A good GM should know that.

So you're not getting the big picture here: Centers with no ball skills are abundant and you can grab them for the league minimum. Whether we got good Ed Davis or bad Ed Davis doesn't change that it a bad use of resources, whether Tony Bradley was better than he was or worse doesn't change that we burned assets to get and develop him when we didn't have to.

To follow what HH just said: Davis has always been dreck in the PnR.

Like I said last month to @jom2003 , one of Lindsey's best attributes is that he does a pretty good job salvaging his unforced errors.

But, like... that's not exactly a compliment.
I have a terrible feeling JC about to get paid 25% more than he should for no real reason other than we like to bid against ourselves... so he could **** up, fix it, and directly **** it up again. Stay tuned on how he fixes it... we still have some seconds in 2055 that he can use.

Anyone remember when the Jazz regularly got rotation players in the 2nd round? I know it's been a long time, and I know it's long been in-vogue to say that DL made KOC look like an amateur, but we have been comedically terrible in the 2nd round. To the extent that it actually does make some sense to just dump them off in every trade we can.

So you're not getting the big picture here: Centers with no ball skills are abundant and you can grab them for the league minimum. Whether we got good Ed Davis or bad Ed Davis doesn't change that it a bad use of resources, whether Tony Bradley was better than he was or worse doesn't change that we burned assets to get and develop him when we didn't have to.
We invested a first, a good second, and 3 years of development time for the privilege to dump his contract. Honestly, if he just declines his option in year 2 or 3 I'm fine with it but he can't do it. So then when he actually plays and shows some reasonable progress you salary dump him... makes sense. It just shows me he's a horrible judge of talent because you could see that TB wasn't it early... and he showed us multiple times. The idea behind him wasn't even good.

The idea behind Udoka is better than TB ever was... still doesn't mean its good though... its like saying the idea of touching the electric fence is better than the idea of pissing on it.