What's new

ED Davis to the KNICKS

I've taken a nuanced position with DL. I've been very high on him and I've had my criticisms of individual moves, all put into context.

But last night shattered my trust that we have a guy that knows what he's doing. I'm out on it. To have THREE GMs, hardly any draft picks, no cap space, and we get those decisions last night? They are clowns.
DL has failed as a president. He wouldn't have lasted as long with any other franchise. I hope Smith fires him

DL has failed as a president. He wouldn't have lasted as long with any other franchise. I hope Smith fires him
Like I said, this feels very much like the 2011 season all over again. KOC was put under the bus and got “promoted” very soon after the Deron/Sloan drama. And now let's pray quin and Rudy can survive through this season.

We invested a first, a good second, and 3 years of development time for the privilege to dump his contract. Honestly, if he just declines his option in year 2 or 3 I'm fine with it but he can't do it. So then when he actually plays and shows some reasonable progress you salary dump him... makes sense. It just shows me he's a horrible judge of talent because you could see that TB wasn't it early... and he showed us multiple times. The idea behind him wasn't even good.

The idea behind Udoka is better than TB ever was... still doesn't mean its good though... its like saying the idea of touching the electric fence is better than the idea of pissing on it.
And if you're the Lakers or Heat, you can afford to treat the draft like it doesn't matter. We don't have that luxury.

We should be embarrassed that the Heat outwork us in every phase of running an organization, because they don't have to. They simply treat it as seriously as they should and we simply do not.

Last edited:
I think Smith is part of the problem unfortunately. A lot of our deals the last 2 days are driven by cash savings. A foreshadow of things to come? Or just ducking the tax this year to avoid the repeater tax?

But yeah, I also really hope that the Jazz play free agency now. It's gonna be funny if we grab a center on the market, though. You can count on it. Hope they have something else up their sleeve.

And if you're the Lakers or Heat, you can afford to treat the draft like it doesn't matter. We don't have that luxury.

We should be embarrassed that the Heat outwork us in every phase of running an organization because they don't have to.
I thought about what team I should convert to if **** gets real bad... Heat were very high on the list. Truthfully I would never bail.

I think Smith is part of the problem unfortunately. A lot of our deals the last 2 days are driven by cash savings. A foreshadow of things to come? Or just ducking the tax this year to avoid the repeater tax?
Billionaires don't become billionaires by not caring about accumulating wealth. For every Ballmer there are a dozen Donald Sterlings.

Last edited:
But yeah, I also really hope that the Jazz play free agency now. It's gonna be funny if we grab a center on the market, though. You can count on it. Hope they have something else up their sleeve.
I mean, they need to. At least someone who is a 4/5 type, but there needs to be another guy there for minutes incase Rudy goes down. Udoka can't play starter minutes year 1 most likely.

They got 3 roster spots (assuming Clarkson is back), so they can easily address wing and guard depth while still adding a 3rd big.

Best case we finally understand and get an minimum gut like Len or Henson. Worst case scenario we role out full MLE for multiple years for Favs... DL is super narrow (another way to say targeted) with the players he considers and I could see him being so tickled to do that reunion.

My partner told me to find another team and I told her I would like to but that is not how **** works, nor should it be.
I don't like her attitude... teams and marriage is till death do us part. Dump her immediately.

Best case we finally understand and get an minimum gut like Len or Henson. Worst case scenario we role out full MLE for multiple years for Favs... DL is super narrow (another way to say targeted) with the players he considers and I could see him being so tickled to do that reunion.
Odds are at least 50% that happens.

Odds are at least 50% that happens.
Which clearly proves us right but somehow the FO Homers here will say "of course Udoka isn't playing he's a rookie". And when I point out other wings in rotations in other places they will say its hindsight.

I love that Bradley and Davis are gone. Don't particularly love given up assets to get rid of both of them.

Giving up 3 second round picks to dump salary? Doesn't feel like good business.

And I am on pins and needles to hear what we got back other than cash and "future considerations"

I think the point is for the jazz to get rid of salary and not swap players/contacts. I am happy that DL was able to unload Davis, he as a horrible fit. However, I do not see why we had to give up 2 seconds. I am afraid the Jazz are going to pick some scrub vet and play him in front of Udoke which seems like business as a normal. You sell the fan base that this guy has unique gives and that is why you picked him then you do not play him. Very frustrating.

I am just happy that Ed is gone. Last year we bought two second rounders when we needed them so I don't think it's the end of the world that we gave those away now.