What's new

Electric razors...........

Well, I did go to Cafe Rio with no makeup and sweats today. I'm gettin' there. These legs are getting hairy and irritating though, so they must go.

Not the face ones. That would probably be an awful experience. The head hair trimmers would work though, but maybe not all the way to perfect "smooth" but at least enough that you wouldn't be looking like a Juhyō walking around.

I had to google "Juhyo". Who needs smooth, anyway? I like stubble on men, so they should be okay with stubble on my legs. Makes sense.

Gyp: What a smartass. A funny smartass, but still a smartass.

Allow me to add a bit of shaving sophisticate to the board. Take this advice and you'll be thanking me later. Real men, listen up.

First Acquire:

One DE safety razor (I recommend a vintage Gillette blue tip, as it is very mild...good for beginners)
A sample pack of DE blades. I like the med prep blade from personna, but everyone is different.
A decent boar or badger hair brush
A $9-12 tub of Taylor of Old Bond Street or proraso cream from amazon.com or italianbarber.com

You can find all of the above items at a site like Italianbarber.com or westcoastshaving.com except for the Gillette razor... Which you will need to find on a shaving forum like Badgerandblade.com.

Do it. Good luck.

Are Merkur DE's any good?? Id say my facial hair isn't super thick. A little, but not very sensitive.

Are Merkur DE's any good?? Id say my facial hair isn't super thick. A little, but not very sensitive.

Yes. It's a personal thing, but yeah .. a good choice.

Thank heavens someone else in this forum has some damn class. (my apologies, Ann .. for my brethren and their lack of respect for women)

Yes. It's a personal thing, but yeah .. a good choice.

Thank heavens someone else in this forum has some damn class. (my apologies, Ann .. for my brethren and their lack of respect for women)

I don't have too much experience, other than my father always being a huge DE fan, and my brother always using them.

I have always wondered what the numbers (like 38C) next to a Merkur model mean, in terms of classification. Is it simply referring to a heavier blade or something?

1954%20Super-Speed%20Var.1.jpg

Da good deyzz.

I don't have too much experience, other than my father always being a huge DE fan, and my brother always using them.

I have always wondered what the numbers (like 38C) next to a Merkur model mean, in terms of classification. Is it simply referring to a heavier blade or something?

It's the breast size of the women you attract with that particular razor.

I just like to use a regular razor while in the shower (using the mirror suction cupped to shower wall)