What's new

Enes Kanter still unsigned

And that's why I was not critical of DL getting WHATEVER he could for Enes. We weren't signing him, and some team was either going to offer him a ton of money, or he'd be an ******* while returning for the QO so he could be an UFA next season.

OKC has a 1 yr window. There's already been friction in the past with Durant and Westbrook over touches. Now add a player in Kanter who wants to score 20+. I can't imagine Durant returning in 2016.
I find your posts in this thread pretty hilarious considering how much you defended Kanter for his idiotic comments and behavior last summer (and throughout his tenure with the Jazz).

I find your posts in this thread pretty hilarious considering how much you defended Kanter for his idiotic comments and behavior last summer (and throughout his tenure with the Jazz).

I wish I can be on this board to tell everyone i did not like Kanter or Lyles before we make them!!!

You all talk like you got ditched from your ex girlfriends. "That old bitc* was a bad person anyway..." kind of.

That guy got a 17.5 m contract. At minimum 2 teams thought he is worth that money. When the cap space raises, it will be seen as a bargain for a 20/10 guy.

And don't start the "his defense is poor" talk. Yes, we all know. But for EVERY OTHER YOUNG player you all look on the bright side of the game, that means you all talk about "there is still time for development".

But for Kanter, you all talk like he can't be "cured". This behaviour is very ridiculous.

Anyway, see it from a different angle. Jazz's Nr. 3 pick turned to be a good player. That means the office did a great job back then. A guy, who had no college time and was abused for at least 2-3 years in Jazz uniform, became a good 23 years old player. At one point of his career this guy could be an All-Star. So instead of bashing continuously, see it positive for the franchise.

OKC is gonna be good on offense if thy can stay healthy. But they really need a miracle on defense. They'll make the playoffs easy but they could easily get bounced in the first round. Defense wins championships.

And don't start the "his defense is poor" talk. Yes, we all know. But for EVERY OTHER YOUNG player you all look on the bright side of the game, that means you all talk about "there is still time for development".

But for Kanter, you all talk like he can't be "cured". This behaviour is very ridiculous.

I agree with you to a point, but most player don't have an Achilles heel as large as his defense is. He's the worst defensive big man in the league from both a narrative as well as statistical level. He's yet to show any progression in getting better in this regard.

His ceiling is Al Jefferson without any semblance of defense. He'll get you 22 ppg at the expense of giving up 24 ppg.

I agree with you to a point, but most player don't have an Achilles heel as large as his defense is. He's the worst defensive big man in the league from both a narrative as well as statistical level. He's yet to show any progression in getting better in this regard.

His ceiling is Al Jefferson without any semblance of defense. He'll get you 22 ppg at the expense of giving up 24 ppg.

His post-up defense is not that bad, actually I'd call it ok. But everything else is really bad. From a stastical level, he is not THAT far away from the "ok" group. So, if he works out this summer, and OKC's coach is known for his defense priority, surrounded by Ibaka, this season you could see a far different Kanter from the defense view of point. So actually in only 1 season you could see that progression. And he has 2-3 years left to improve from now on. So, we'll see.

It is just Jazz and Kanter part their ways in a not so good way. And in addition to that Jazz got nothing in return for Kanter. So Jazz fans are obviously pissed off and multiply it by 2. So the fans tend to not being objective and bashing him constantly.

His post-up defense is not that bad, actually I'd call it ok. But everything else is really bad. From a stastical level, he is not THAT far away from the "ok" group. So, if he works out this summer, and OKC's coach is known for his defense priority, surrounded by Ibaka, this season you could see a far different Kanter from the defense view of point. So actually in only 1 season you could see that progression. And he has 2-3 years left to improve from now on. So, we'll see.

It is just Jazz and Kanter part their ways in a not so good way. And in addition to that Jazz got nothing in return for Kanter. So Jazz fans are obviously pissed off and multiply it by 2. So the fans tend to not being objective and bashing him constantly.

From a statistical stand point, he's one of the worst defenders in the league. Either way, I don't care enough to argue. I'm just glad the Jazz AREN'T the ones paying him 17.5 million. He can go ahead and be an amazing offensive player for OKC. I'm perfectly fine with that.

They'll make the playoffs easy but they could easily get bounced in the first round. Defense wins championships.

Defense isnt winning championships anymore ,San Antonio showed Miami's great defense and chased Lebron back to Cleveland ......And in desperation Golden State went super small ball sitting their top rated #1 defensive Center down the last 3 games ,if Kyrie Irving didn'get hurt ,Golden State was in trouble not being able to stop Cleveland from pounding them on the boards.
OKC finished as the top rebounding team in the NBA last year and with Durant ,Westbrook,Ibaka,and Kanter ,could lead the NBA in rebounding again and be the best scoring team..
Utah could be chasing them for a while ...in the same division and the Western Conference

Defense isnt winning championships anymore ,San Antonio showed Miami's great defense and chased Lebron back to Cleveland ......And in desperation Golden State went super small ball sitting their top rated #1 defensive Center down the last 3 games ,if Kyrie Irving didn'get hurt ,Golden State was in trouble not being able to stop Cleveland from pounding them on the boards.
OKC finished as the top rebounding team in the NBA last year and with Durant ,Westbrook,Ibaka,and Kanter ,could lead the NBA in rebounding again and be the best scoring team..
Utah could be chasing them for a while ...in the same division and the Western Conference

GS and SA had a bench that eventually wore down Lebron.

OKC has no bench. And their 2 star situation is ready to implode.

If we get decent production from our PG position next year then we'll be a better team than OKC. If Exum explodes in the next 2 years then OKC will be chasing us.

The NBA is all about depth and shooting right now. Those 82 game seasons are long and having several wings and bigs able to step up will be huge.

You all talk like you got ditched from your ex girlfriends. "That old bitc* was a bad person anyway..." kind of.

That guy got a 17.5 m contract. At minimum 2 teams thought he is worth that money. When the cap space raises, it will be seen as a bargain for a 20/10 guy.

Anyway, see it from a different angle. Jazz's Nr. 3 pick turned to be a good player. That means the office did a great job back then. A guy, who had no college time and was abused for at least 2-3 years in Jazz uniform, became a good 23 years old player. At one point of his career this guy could be an All-Star. So instead of bashing continuously, see it positive for the franchise.

I do

I don't think Kanter is what OKC was missing. I don't think Kanter is the guy that pushes them over the top in the West. I really think that is Durants metric to stay.

Kanter will look good most nights but he will be a big negative against the bigs of the Wests top teams. So what purpose does he serve in OKC?

In Portland I think he adds wins. In OKC I don't think he does.

I'm pretty sure the defensive numbers with Kanter and Ibaka on the floor werent that bad last year. It was after Ibaka got hurt that the defense turned terrible.

This is laughable that an Enes ****ing Kanter related thread is one of the top threads of the Jazz forum.

I'm pretty sure the defensive numbers with Kanter and Ibaka on the floor werent that bad last year. It was after Ibaka got hurt that the defense turned terrible.

They were bad. Not as bad as without Ibaka, but they were still below average for the league. BTW I don't know why people think Ibaka will be able to clear all his mess when we had TWO top 5 rim protectors and they were not able to cover for Enes.

Last edited:
You people realize that Kanter is going to push them over the LT and he'll end up costing them an additional $25 million this year, right?

You do realize that they're the same franchise which traded Harden to avoid the LT, right?

So they traded Harden to avoid the LT and now just spent close to $100 million for Kanter.

And this is the franchise you want to emulate? The OKC Thunder officially signed their death certificate today. They began the process when they traded away a franchise player for peanuts. Now they're trying to make someone with peanuts for brains into a franchise player.

Sorry. But I agree with DL. sometimes, the best deals are the ones you don't make.

They were bad. Not as bad as without Ibaka, but they were still below average for the league. BTW I don't know why people think Ibaka will be able to clear all his mess when we had TWO top 5 rim protectors and they were not able to cover for Enes.

Who on that team other than Westbrook or Ibaka plays any defense?

Challenge of the day, can anyone name their starting 5 without looking?

I don't know why everyone thinks that OKC is so good. They're probably a playoff team but a lower seeded one.

IMO, GS, SA, and LAC are clearly better right now. And it's a toss up to me between them and Houston. Then we figure into things as porty and Dallas are headed for tankalicious seasons

Last edited:

With Kanter and Ibaka both on the floor, OKC's defensive rating was 105.0 - good for 25th in the NBA.

With Kanter and Ibaka both on the floor, OKC's defensive rating was 105.0 - good for 25th in the NBA.

Ssshhhhh!

Facts don't matter in this discussion!

Not to mention Westbrook is a ticking time bomb... OKC is going to be one fun dysfunctional team to watch as Westbrook, KD, and Kanter fight over one ball.

Have fun with that Billy D

Who on that team other than Westbrook or Ibaka plays any defense?

Challenge of the day, can anyone name their starting 5 without looking?

I don't know why everyone thinks that OKC is so good.

IMO, GS, SA, and LAC are clearly better right now. And it's a toss up to me between them and Houston. Then we figure into things as porty and Dallas are headed for tankalicious seasons

Roberson is elite perimeter defender in the league.

Defense isnt winning championships anymore

Objectively false.

Teams that have won a title being ranked 10th or worse on offense (since the NBA/ABA merger):

'10 Lakers (11th)
'08 Celtics (10th)
'04 Pistons (18th)
'99 Spurs (11th)
'94 Rockets (15th)
'90 Pistons (11th)
'79 Sonics (14th)
'78 Bullets (10th)

Teams that have won a title being ranked 10th or worse on defense (since the NBA/ABA merger):

'01 Lakers (21st)
'95 Rockets (12th)
'82 Lakers (10th)

Since 2003:

Average offensive ranking of NBA champion: 8.08
Average defensive ranking of NBA champion: 4.75

Draw your own conclusions.

San Antonio showed Miami's great defense and chased Lebron back to Cleveland ......

In 2014:

Heat #2 offense, #11 defense
Spurs #6 offense, #4 defense

And in desperation Golden State went super small ball sitting their top rated #1 defensive Center down the last 3 games

The Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers were consistently the two best defensive teams in the NBA throughout the playoffs. In addition to having LeBron James, the reason the Cavs were able to keep that series against GSW so competitive even with their injuries was because they played better defense on the Warriors than anybody else. Even so, the Warriors probably don't win that series without playing better defense on Cleveland than anybody else had thus far as well - Iguodala in particular played fantastic defense on LeBron.