What's new

Ersan: Can He Still Contribute?

He needs time to get into playing shape and frankly to learn the offensive and defensive schemes. The jazz system is not easy to learn, as we saw with Conley. I think he'll be fine but he won't be a rotation piece by any stretch of the imagination.

Don't think he can but certainly hope he will. We gave Cleveland a second round pick to take on Tucker’s salary just so we can sign him. FO must have high hopes for him.

He looks pretty done to me, but we all know he's not here next year anyway.

This team may not look radically different next year as Conley/Niang are the only contributors who are UFA. Guys like Brantley/Forrest/Morgan will continue to live on the bubble.

He's like the 12th or 13th man on our roster. The chances of him actually getting rotation minutes and needing to contribute are extremely low.

He looks like how I feel when I play basketball... and I am washed AF.

He's Lakers matchup insurance. If Favors goes down, you can comfortably roll out Ersan to play against a Gasol and you won't get killed on the glass in the way you might if you're playing Morgan at the 5.

He didn't look slower than he did last year. He wasn't particularly athletic or relied on it the last few years anyways.

I found the signing weird as he didn't play all year and wasn't in any team practice so he needs some time to get back to game condition. May be the jazz thought that he would be a different look in practice and teach the team some stuff. He is very savvy and high-character and if ever he needs to be on court, that experience can help him hold his own.

Good article on Ellijah Hughes on KSL today. Maybe Quin needs to let him have a shot.
it may very well come down to Hughes vs Thomas. Share lot of similar skillset&weaknesses. they may never bring the full offensive package like Clarkson, so whoever shoots the ball better may get PT over the other.

He doesn't exactly fit what the Jazz do. He kind of does a lot of things, but not a lot at a very high level.