What's new

ESPN’s annual player rank... spits in Rudy and DM’s face

Some over reaction to the playoffs. Middleton and Holiday way too high. Young and Book too high imo.

Just listened to Locke, SI has them even lower 24 (Donovan) and 21 (Rudy). Mostly there are a lot of great players in the league right now. However, Rudy is a top 5 player on impacting wins. Donovan has shown enough during the last two playoffs he should be a lot higher.

I like this. Get them pissed off, get that chip back on their shoulder. Take the league by storm, win the ring. Oh yeah.

Hmm, these rankings are actually pretty accurate in my opinion. I'm not seeing many players below Donovan that could be considered worse than him. The only ones I see are Trae Young and Jason Taytum. Maybe you could argue Devon Booker or Chris Paul? With Gobert I see him being more valuable than Bam, Jrue, and maybe Kyrie? There's just so much talent in the league now. I don't see how you rate these two much higher.

Hmm, these rankings are actually pretty accurate in my opinion. I'm not seeing many players below Donovan that could be considered worse than him. The only ones I see are Trae Young and Jason Taytum. Maybe you could argue Devon Booker or Chris Paul? With Gobert I see him being more valuable than Bam, Jrue, and maybe Kyrie? There's just so much talent in the league now. I don't see how you rate these two much higher.
Easy. You rate them higher by putting their names further up the list. You know, closer to #1. That's about how much these lists are worth, too

Conley comes in at 48, Ingles 62, Bogey 67 and Clarkson 90. On Sports Illustrated Rudy landed at 21, Donovan 24, Conley 43, Ingles 68, Bogey 74 and Clarkson 100.

Lol they put the best playoff performer in the entire league the last two season at 18. Comical.
9 - 9 record over the last two playoffs. I like Donovan and agree he has been a good scorer over the past two playoffs, but his poor defense is a big reason we lost each year. I don’t think you can call a guy eliminated in the first and second rounds (and blowing series leads both years) the best playoff performer.

Until our guys prove it in the postseason they won’t, and probably shouldn’t, get more recognition.

9 - 9 record over the last two playoffs. I like Donovan and agree he has been a good scorer over the past two playoffs, but his poor defense is a big reason we lost each year. I don’t think you can call a guy eliminated in the first and second rounds (and blowing series leads both years) the best playoff performer.

Until our guys prove it in the postseason they won’t, and probably shouldn’t, get more recognition.
What was Lillard ranked, again?

Conley comes in at 48, Ingles 62, Bogey 67 and Clarkson 90. On Sports Illustrated Rudy landed at 21, Donovan 24, Conley 43, Ingles 68, Bogey 74 and Clarkson 100.
So you're saying we will definitely win the championship this year!

Meh…don’t really see a problem with their rankings. Do I think they should be ranked higher? Sure…but if they are truly upset with a few players being ranked higher than them the Jazz should stop embarrassing themselves on the playoffs. The consistent horrific ends to our seasons year after year that lead to this “disrespect”. Has it been all Donovan and Rudy’s fault? No, but at some point in their careers they are going to have to win something meaningful.

The commentary on Mitchell is correct. His defense has gotten worse every year and it’s simply due to a lack of desire to compete on that end. If he wants to get into that too 10ish player conversation he’s going to have to play both ends.

Commentary on Gobert…meh. I think people think switch everything or small ball against the Clippers would have worked are so lazy in their analysis. Take the next step and ask yourself what happens if we employ switch everything. Does it change a damn thing? No, absolutely not. Switching or small ball has zero effect on Reggie Jackson walking by Royce O’Neale like a traffic cone while everyone besides Gobert is a statue.

The Jazz have to explore scheme versatility like the article pointed out…but for some reason people have narrowed down defense to small ball and switching which is simply idiotic.