What's new

ESPN has Exum #1

LjJazzman

https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11872465/top-20-rookies?refresh=true

Here is ESPNs early top 20 Rookie rankings.

Exum #1
"1. Dante Exum, Jazz
We saw Exum's "it" factor in summer league and he has been terrific this season, showing the ability to make both simple passes and tough ones (when required) to teammates for easy shots. He makes hard drives and dishes for 3s or dunks. He delivers lobs. He leads fast breaks, which result in wide-open scoring chances. And, most impressively, he finds open shooters far away from the action.

He's doing this with very few mental errors, too, while also managing the game. Exum is playing like someone who deserved to be drafted first overall."

Parker #3
Gordon #6
Wiggins #8

Hood #13

"13. Rodney Hood, Jazz
Hood is dealing with plantar fasciitis and has missed Utah's past three games. Before the injury, though, he had done a nice job of avoiding the common mistake young players make of trying to do too much. He was mostly focused on trying to finish plays, though it was something he was struggling with."

Great sign that he's able to make so many high level plays at this level. I did not expect him to shine this early outside of a play or two here, and there. He's making a lot of highlights almost every game. I still feel his wall will be brutal, but right now you have be excited for the future. Also, for a Wiggins lover like myself, this is fun to see these rankings.

Last edited:
Sweet. #1 #1 #1 #1 #1!

Anyone want to post what they are saying about Parker? I am not an insider any more.

Good to see; but I've been watching parts of Buck games and I think Parker is starting to figure it out a bit. And he's not even in NBA shape yet.

Wiggins is more of a project - obviously you'll see glimpses here and there; but for the most part his numbers will be underwhelming.

Haven't watched a minute of Gordon - I was in Orlando during the NBA Draft, I think my mojo did wonders on getting Exum in Utah.

pit-dancing.gif

When Thorpe was talking about it in the video it sounded like Exum was #1 mostly because no one else has stepped up at all.

Good to see; but I've been watching parts of Buck games and I think Parker is starting to figure it out a bit. And he's not even in NBA shape yet.

Wiggins is more of a project - obviously you'll see glimpses here and there; but for the most part his numbers will be underwhelming.

Haven't watched a minute of Gordon - I was in Orlando during the NBA Draft, I think my mojo did wonders on getting Exum in Utah.

Will Parker ever be in NBA shape? People have been making fun of how fat he is since he started his Duke career.

I still don't think Exum gets enough playing time...once he does (hopefully soon) I think he will start showing more of what he can do. I actually think he's holding back and playing conservative right now, and he's still impressive.

I still don't think Exum gets enough playing time...once he does (hopefully soon) I think he will start showing more of what he can do. I actually think he's holding back and playing conservative right now, and he's still impressive.

The sign of a future beast. He's like 'umm, lemme try this, now I'll go for that...' different stuff till one day he realizes that he's already there, it will be a jazzgasm when that happens. It's coming...

Anyone want to post what they are saying about Parker? I am not an insider any more.

Parker is not setting the league on fire (nor is any other rookie), but he is impacting every game on both ends and looks like the franchise player the Bucks hoped for when they drafted him.

He's talented on offense and not even close to realizing his potential. And, while he's not a great defensive player, he's a willing one on a very good defensive team, suggesting that it's possible he'll end up being a solid defender one day.

Wiggins showed some pretty good signs when the Wolves played the Rockets recently. But yeah, I'm looking forward to Exum being part of our Big Three along with Hayward and some guy we don't have yet.