What's new

ESPN homerizing the "victim all star" again

"I think it's something that needs to be brought up," he continued. "I'm tired of just going out and playing, then the fans saying whatever the hell they want to say. I'm not with that. If I was on the street, they wouldn't just come up to me and say anything crazy, because I don't play that s---. So, to disrespect me and do whatever they want to do needs to be put to a stop, especially here in Utah."

**** him. What a pussbag bitch. Enjoy your season at home.

That fan was a ****ing douche and the Jazz won. I'm starting to side-eye Jazz fans that are putting this in the echo chamber.
Why was he a Douche? He was taking a video, it didn't even look like he said much. The ****ing douche here is baby cakes westbrick.

"I think it's something that needs to be brought up," he continued. "I'm tired of just going out and playing, then the fans saying whatever the hell they want to say. I'm not with that. If I was on the street, they wouldn't just come up to me and say anything crazy, because I don't play that s---. So, to disrespect me and do whatever they want to do needs to be put to a stop, especially here in Utah."

**** him. What a pussbag bitch. Enjoy your season at home.

Funny thing is that if it weren’t for the fans he wouldn’t be able to play basketball for a living.

“If I were on the street they wouldn’t come up to me and say anything crazy because I don’t play that ****.” Lol
Like all fans would fear him on the street. Hell, I think I’m as big as him and have probably been in more fights than he has lol. Tough guy.

I can't believe there are people taking Westbrooks side off nothing but hearsay. It's pathetic and offers nothing but more racially charged nonsense in this day and age. If something bad was said or if someone stepped over the line then come right out and tell us what he said and also explain why you didn't get security involved. I don't condone fans acting out of line, but this story reeks of Westbrook acting like a child. And it's not the first time this dude has acted out after getting beat.
I had a friend sitting near where both instances happened. He confirmed the story that the first fan said "how is your ankles". He also didn't hear the other guy say anything.

If you want to make millions playing a game, then learn to take it a bit. I have no sympathy for Westbrick here because the only one claiming that the 2 guys said racial **** is westbrick himself. He should be charged with assault for hitting that guy and he should be suspended.

Funny thing is that if it weren’t for the fans he wouldn’t be able to play basketball for a living.

“If I were on the street they wouldn’t come up to me and say anything crazy because I don’t play that ****.” Lol
Like all fans would fear him on the street. Hell, I think I’m as big as him and have probably been in more fights than he has lol. Tough guy.
So would you come up to the street and say vulgar things to Russell Westbrook?

I had a friend sitting near where both instances happened. He confirmed the story that the first fan said "how is your ankles". He also didn't hear the other guy say anything.

If you want to make millions playing a game, then learn to take it a bit. I have no sympathy for Westbrick here because the only one claiming that the 2 guys said racial **** is westbrick himself. He should be charged with assault for hitting that guy and he should be suspended.
Again, Westbrook never said anything about racial ****. The insecurity is palpable.

But yes, a black person slapped a white guy's hand. Should definitely be charged with assault. You are doing a lot to prove that Utah fans arent racist at all.

I think the fan crossed the line by getting too close to his head and deserved to be swatted away.

I also think Westbrook was a whiney, lying ******* in his comments.

This

So would you come up to the street and say vulgar things to Russell Westbrook?

Depends on what he was doing. Let’s say I saw him hit a woman, abusing a child, pissing or defacating on he sidewalk. Then ya, I probably would.

If he were reading a book, eating lunch, or just walking down the street then I certainly wouldn’t.

Basically, I would treat him like I would anyone else.

It’s weird that he thinks an opposing team arena in a big time basketball game is the same scenario as being “on the street”

Depends on what he was doing. Let’s say I saw him hit a woman, abusing a child, pissing or defacating on he sidewalk. Then ya, I probably would.

If he were reading a book, eating lunch, or just walking down the street then I certainly wouldn’t.

It’s weird that he thinks an opposing team arena in a big time basketball game is the same scenario as being “on the street”

If I saw him defecating on the sidewalk I'd be too shocked to say anything. I'd walk by real fast and pretend I didn't see anything.

So you wouldnt call him a "pussbag bitch" for handling a loss badly, the comment you liked from Nate?

So you wouldnt call him a "pussbag bitch" for handling a loss badly, the comment you liked from Nate?

I would say he acted like a bitch after the loss to Utah. That’s just me though. I saw Westbrook behave much differently than every other player or coach on his team. I have no problem calling him out for it specifically. I wouldn’t call his whole team and organization a bitch though. Like he should have done.

I would say he acted like a bitch after the loss to Utah. That’s just me though. I saw Westbrook behave much differently than every other player or coach on his team. I have no problem calling him out for it specifically. I wouldn’t call his whole team and organization a bitch though. Like he should have done.
I'm saying would you say that to him on the street. Like if you saw him in a back alley in Utah at night after the game, would you say "Hey Russ, you acted like a real pussbag bitch tonight"?

Why was he a Douche? He was taking a video, it didn't even look like he said much. The ****ing douche here is baby cakes westbrick.
Come on. He was a few inches from his ****in face after a controversial, season-ending defeat. The contest is over, there is nothing to show for being a dick to the other team except to show everyone you're being a dick.

I think the fan crossed the line by getting too close to his head and deserved to be swatted away.

I also think Westbrook was a whiney, lying ******* in his comments.
Yep.

I think these comments in Westbrook's case were a tactical decision to cover for what he and everyone else knows was an embarrassing and obvious overreaction.

Last edited:
I think we all agree but has it came out what was said?
If it was “how are your ankles?” Then should we be way upset with the fan who said that? Or only if it was racist or about family or something.

Is it ok to say something like “bye bye, don’t let the door hit ya on the way out” as he is exiting the court (not taking the time to shake any jazz players hands for that matter)?

How about when the dj plays Hit The Road Jack when a player gets tossed or fouls out? Is that ok or is that over the line?
I don't think anyone here is weighing the context of that moment appropriately: the season just ended on a controversial no-call, and some pudgy turd put a phone two inches from his face.

Where the line is is case-by-case, and in your specific scenario, no, that's not over the line. It's not dehumanizing.

I'm saying would you say that to him on the street. Like if you saw him in a back alley in Utah at night after the game, would you say "Hey Russ, you acted like a real pussbag bitch tonight"?

What the hell does it matter? He wouldn’t see Rubio in the street and talk to him like he did during games either.

Perhaps more than anything, I think a simple rule of thumb is when getting in the opponent's head no longer has any tactical value, just back the **** off and be the sportsman we ask our children and our players to be.

Yep.

I think these comments in Westbrook's case were a tactical decision to cover for what he and everyone else knows was an embarrassing and obvious overreaction.

Pretty much this... and to change the narrative because at the end he airballed a few threes playing hero ball.

I like that in all these threads about racism we had to mix it up and throw in some sexist and homophobic comments.