What's new

ESPN West Forecast

Sounds about right. To win in the NBA you need vets and proven talent. We have neither. We will suck again this year. We are underestimating how important Jefferson and Williams were for us, and overestimating how good Burks and Kanter are/will be.

Karl Towns here we come.

Our future is bright:

Rudy Gobert
Karl Towns
Gordon Hayward
Alec Burks
Dante Exum

[video=youtube_share;8nF4MyPftWM]https://youtu.be/8nF4MyPftWM?list=PLCivOajJkbbnr7EdjRnV6UTK4cSZZbfsv

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];889400 said:
We'll win more than 26 games. Guaranteed.
Agree...Head Coaching change alone will account for another 6 to 8 wins more than last season.

Well the West is going to get a little worse with Kevin Love leaving, so that is a positive.

One team. They didn't make the playoffs. So not much impact in terms of the Jazz' prospects.
I still think Utah will win 35 games. That will have them about 10th in terms of the draft.

If this is the case and the NBA starts the new lottery rules next year then that will further increase the odds of a good Jazz pick

If this is the case and the NBA starts the new lottery rules next year then that will further increase the odds of a good Jazz pick
Yea I hope they start it next year but don't think they will

Karl Towns here we come.

Our future is bright:

Rudy Gobert
Karl Towns
Gordon Hayward
Alec Burks
Dante Exum

[video=youtube_share;8nF4MyPftWM]https://youtu.be/8nF4MyPftWM?list=PLCivOajJkbbnr7EdjRnV6UTK4cSZZbfsv

Why on earth would you not include Favors?

This reminds me of ESPN's predictions for the Jazz in '05-06 and again in '06-'07. We were supposed to win 20-25 games in '06 despite making obvious improvements, and even after winning 41 games that season ESPN predicted us to be one of the worst teams in the West in '07.

I don't think much research goes into analyzing small-market teams with no superstars.

If Gobert develops the way I think he can defensively at the 5 and we can grab Towns who is a natural scorer at the 4, I dont see how Favors fit into our 4-5 year plan.

1187122.gif

If Gobert develops the way I think he can defensively at the 5 and we can grab Towns who is a natural scorer at the 4, I dont see how Favors fit into our 4-5 year plan.

It is possible, but we are a really long way from drafting a player like Towns.

As for a prediction on the season's record:

When we were playing well we played the following players

PG: Burke/Garrett
Wings: Hayward/Burks/Jefferson
PF :Marvin/Evans
C: Favors/Kanter

This year I expect
PG: Burke/Exum
Wings: Burks/Hayward/Hood (tiny bit of Exum)
PF: Favors/Booker
C: Kanter/Gobert

I see the PG rotation as an improvement with a 2nd year Burke and Exum over Garrett. Significant improvement.

On the wing I see Hayward and Burks as about the same as they were last year. Hood is more talented than Jefferson at this point but probably more inconsistent. About the same.

Among the bigs, I see Favors as about the same as last season. Kanter is a huge question mark-how is his injury recovery really going? Will he ever learn to play smart D? Can he pass the ball? I think he will be the same as last season. Booker is an improvement over Evans. In fact I wonder in the games that Kanter is struggling if Booker starts in the second half with Favors and Evans plays the backup 4. Gobert is going to make a really impact off the bench. Slight improvement.

And finally I think our coaching will be greatly improved.

All this probably just adds up to 5 more wins or about 30.