What's new

ESPN West Forecast

^kanter will play PF this year, and Favors the C. Lindsey and Walt Perin have already said this is how they see them. When it is all said and done, they are bigs who will be played in situations that take advantage of mismatches.

I doubt Evans sees much time at PF this year, if anywhere.

^kanter will play PF this year, and Favors the C. Lindsey and Walt Perin have already said this is how they see them. When it is all said and done, they are bigs who will be played in situations that take advantage of mismatches.

I doubt Evans sees much time at PF this year, if anywhere.

Especially if Gobert comes in for Kanter at times and that moves Favors to PF.

I really feel like the ESPN crew severely underestimated the power of the Corbin effect.

Not to mention the dramatic improvement of the PG rotation. They wont be in the playoffs but I think 26 games is to low. I still say 34.

Not to mention the dramatic improvement of the PG rotation. They wont be in the playoffs but I think 26 games is to low. I still say 34.

Exactly. Our PG group last year was not NBA worthy. It was sad. The crazy thing, we were on pace to win 30+ games before a massive letdown at the end of the season. As I recall from looking a few months ago (may be off from the exact number),in all of March/April their record was something like 4-20, which was right around less than half of their winning percentage the rest of the year (including an abysmal 1-15 start).

If they don't win 30+, I will be surprised. I am optimistic, and avoiding major injuries to our core I am going to guess 38.

Either way, I am SO glad we have taken steps that will allow us to grow as a young team. For the most part, I like the make-up of the roster, and feel like we have an excellent base to turn back into a high powered squad. Then again, I am a huge Jazz homer, so I'm sure I have some flawed optimism built in. :)

Exactly. Our PG group last year was not NBA worthy. It was sad. The crazy thing, we were on pace to win 30+ games before a massive letdown at the end of the season. As I recall from looking a few months ago (may be off from the exact number),in all of March/April their record was something like 4-20, which was right around less than half of their winning percentage the rest of the year (including an abysmal 1-15 start).

If they don't win 30+, I will be surprised. I am optimistic, and avoiding major injuries to our core I am going to guess 38.

Either way, I am SO glad we have taken steps that will allow us to grow as a young team. For the most part, I like the make-up of the roster, and feel like we have an excellent base to turn back into a high powered squad. Then again, I am a huge Jazz homer, so I'm sure I have some flawed optimism built in. :)

Oh heck yes. I have been absolutely pleased with this offseason. New coach and staff, bringing in role players and back ups so that we can see what we have.