What's new

EuroBasket Thread

2 of our 3 Euro guys likely out after the next game:

Croatia and Finland matched up in a knockout game; and Italy is playing heavily favored Serbia in a knockout game.

I remember for a stretch when the Jazz had the most foreign born players in the entire league, and they seemed to love playing together. Wondering if Utah shouldn’t lean into that again. I’m not saying stay away from top US guys, but definitely prioritize bringing in foreign players when you can and seeing how they fit the team.

I’m onboard with keeping Markkanen and seeing if Hardy can unlock that massive potential. Wish we would’ve gotten someone just like him 3 years ago.

I remember for a stretch when the Jazz had the most foreign born players in the entire league, and they seemed to love playing together. Wondering if Utah shouldn’t lean into that again. I’m not saying stay away from top US guys, but definitely prioritize bringing in foreign players when you can and seeing how they fit the team.

I’m onboard with keeping Markkanen and seeing if Hardy can unlock that massive potential. Wish we would’ve gotten someone just like him 3 years ago.
Lean into getting the best players

Serbia is playing the best basketball on this Euro... I wonder if they can hold up that level in the elimination stage?

We need to make this happen. Imagine all of Vivint shouting "The King of Da North" after a dunk.
According to B-ball Reference his nicknames are The Finnisher and Lauri Legend, but the FIBA announcers have been saying King of the North

Gobert had 20 and 17 vs Turkey to win the game in OT. Gobert had the game tying put-back dunk in the final seconds to send it to OT. Should have been an And-1 with a chance to win but wasnt called.

Gobert had 20 and 17 vs Turkey to win the game in OT. Gobert had the game tying put-back dunk in the final seconds to send it to OT. Should have been an And-1 with a chance to win but wasnt called.
Gobert save a bad french team. He make also several stop in the last min, grab the offensive rebound ( after another miss from Fournier) to go into OT. Fantastic performance from Rudy.