Excited for Hayward

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Saint Cy of JFC, Jun 24, 2010.

1. asian_roger

asian_roger Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    My favorite thing about Hayward is his inner fire. If he sucks offensively, he makes some great plays for his teammates or goes total beast mode in defense. Remember when he owned Kobe last year and people were calling him the white mamba haha

2. mrob

mrob Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Hayward is by no means the archetype for a star in this league. I don't blame anyone for being shocked by his selection in the draft. I fell into that trap too, but even then I knew that management must had seen something in his workouts. He has obviously shown that he belongs and the next step is to prove he can be a star through consistency. If people still think he hasn't proved anything, I would neg rep if you're so inclined. But I wouldn't fault anyone for their initial impressions of the guy.

3. orangello

orangello Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Good input. Thanks.

4. Stoked

Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
    Wrong may have been a little strong of a word but I think you got the point. Live and let live...

5. orangello

orangello Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Now you're just starting to sound like a hippie.

6. Stifle Tower

Stifle Tower Punch Bowl Re-Filler

Jun 3, 2010
    Henry and George were the players I had highest after Monroe was taken. I was also intrigued by Whiteside and hoped Utah could trade up to get him late first/early second.

I will congratulate myself on absoluting hating Aldrich and Babbitt. But, like most others not named honz (or KOC), I was dead wrong on Hayward.