What's new

Extend Malik Beasley

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
Malik becomes extension eligible on January 1st. We should most definitely offer him an extension if he wants one. He said this when asked about the team option on his contract coming up:

I would love for them to pick that option up for me to continue my journey here in Utah. If not, then I’ve got to make the best of it. I’m very thankful for this landing spot since I came here. There are a lot of great people here in Utah and a great fan base. I think it’s the perfect opportunity to show I’m a changed man in Utah. It’s a place where big-name players usually wouldn’t come here, but I don’t know why. Once you come out here, you’ll have a great time.

What kind of extension would you be happy with? I’m thinking something around 3/60M or 4/80M would make sense.

You're going to hate my answer but wouldn't be too shocked if he gets dealt by the deadline if this team goes into any kind of funk during the next 6 weeks.

My buddy was at the Stars game against Wiseman/Warriors G league team and said that Agbaji's shot was looking very pure. Agbaji is slightly bigger with a longer wingspan and is under team control for years since he's in the first year of his rookie deal. We will see what happens but if they think Agbaji can fill Beasley's shoes I wouldn't be shocked if he gets dealt. I think Fischer mentioned in his article today that Beas, Vando, Conley, and Olynyk could potentially be traded by the deadline if the team struggles but the price on all of them is going to be very high.

Beasley is making $15.5 mil this season and has a team option for $16.5 mil for next season so I imagine you are very close and an extension would be in the neighborhood of 3/$60 mil. He seems like a really chill dude that is enjoying Utah. He's fun to watch when that shot is falling. Hope he does stick around..

If we start losing a boat load of games, I reckon there will be an open house for players imo

Malik becomes extension eligible on January 1st. We should most definitely offer him an extension if he wants one. He said this when asked about the team option on his contract coming up:

What kind of extension would you be happy with? I’m thinking something around 3/60M or 4/80M would make sense.
Most they could offer is like 3/65M… I think there is some off court judgement stuff that I’d still be worried about. I’d wait until after the trade deadline to approach the subject. Right now his value has to be very high. I’d like to see another year of him staying focused and out of trouble.

Absolutely.

Only 26 and is one of the best shooters in the league who defensively is neutral.

4/80 with fourth being a team option.

Makes a lot more sense extending him then it does Clarkson who is 30 and currently has better trade value which depending on what happens over the next few weeks could make him a good trade piece.

according to some article (or rumor) only Lauri is untouchable and jazz will extend Clarkson. The rest are tradeable. Asking price for vando is high maybe they'll keep him. Beasley and Conley all available for trade

I don't know what the rumor trade with the Lakers was at the beginning of the season. I recall it included Bogie and Beasley but they didn't want to give up their unprotected picks. Well if they had both of those guys they would be contenders for sure. I personally don't want to trade Beasley. He has been awesome for the most part. A team can never have too many shooters. Worry about him taking up another roster spot is ridiculous. Conley is going to be gone. You move Sexton to PG and now you have room for Beasley and Agbaji off the bench.

I would probably even give him a bit more than that. I definitely want him signed to a long term contract. Love me some Mailik Beastley. Malik Threesley.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

You're going to hate my answer but wouldn't be too shocked if he gets dealt by the deadline if this team goes into any kind of funk during the next 6 weeks.

My buddy was at the Stars game against Wiseman/Warriors G league team and said that Agbaji's shot was looking very pure. Agbaji is slightly bigger with a longer wingspan and is under team control for years since he's in the first year of his rookie deal. We will see what happens but if they think Agbaji can fill Beasley's shoes I wouldn't be shocked if he gets dealt. I think Fischer mentioned in his article today that Beas, Vando, Conley, and Olynyk could potentially be traded by the deadline if the team struggles but the price on all of them is going to be very high.

Beasley is making $15.5 mil this season and has a team option for $16.5 mil for next season so I imagine you are very close and an extension would be in the neighborhood of 3/$60 mil. He seems like a really chill dude that is enjoying Utah. He's fun to watch when that shot is falling. Hope he does stick around..

I doubt Agbaji can fill beasleys shoes. In fact there almost no one in the nba that can fill his shoes.

The volume of 3’s he has been taking the last 10 games or so combined with the efficiency is extremely elite. Hell, he might be the best 3 point shooter in the league right now.

according to some article (or rumor) only Lauri is untouchable and jazz will extend Clarkson. The rest are tradeable. Asking price for vando is high maybe they'll keep him. Beasley and Conley all available for trade
It was a Fischer Yahoo article from the past day or two.
Basically the Jazz don't want to trade JC or Lauri. The other vets such as Conley, Beas, Vando, Olynyk might be gettable in a trade but the price is going to be high. Ainge isn't going to give anyone away. It all probably depends on how they play over the next 13 games. The next stretch of the schedule is brutal.

Since the lakers game on nov 7 Beasley is 44-96 from 3 (46%)

Thats an average of 5-11 from three per game.

His efficiency and volume just goes up the more minutes he gets too. He is only averaging 26 minutes per game for the season but during his recent hot streak his minutes have increased by a decent amount and he only got better. Defenses are more focused on him yet he only gets better. He almost seems to shoot better if he is tightly contested when he shoots.

I doubt Agbaji can fill beasleys shoes. In fact there almost no one in the nba that can fill his shoes.

The volume of 3’s he has been taking the last 10 games or so combined with the efficiency is extremely elite. Hell, he might be the best 3 point shooter in the league right now.

Agbaji was a 40% 3 pt shooter his last year at Kansas but 100% agree that Beasley is one of the best in the league when he gets hot.
Ainge certainly cannot just give him away. He better make sure to have another sure fire shooter on the roster if they do deal him. Based on the eye test, his college stats, G League stats, etc maybe Agbaji can be a replacement but we really have no way of really knowing until he plays in actual NBA games. I agree it would be a huge stretch to expect him to duplicate these Malik levels of shooting hot streaks.

Agbaji was a 40% 3 pt shooter his last year at Kansas but 100% agree that Beasley is one of the best in the league when he gets hot.
Ainge certainly cannot just give him away. He better make sure to have another sure fire shooter on the roster if they do deal him. Based on the eye test, his college stats, G League stats, etc maybe Agbaji can be a replacement but we really have no way of really knowing until he plays in actual NBA games. I agree it would be a huge stretch to expect him to duplicate these Malik levels of shooting hot streaks.

Either way i wish Agjabi was getting some minutes each game.

Either way i wish Agjabi was getting some minutes each game.

Yeah but I think it's a numbers game. I don't even think Beas is getting enough minutes tbh.
Clarkson is 6'-5. Beasley is 6'-4". THT is 6'-4". Agbaji is 6'5". Alot of overlap of size/skills with JC, Beas, and Agbaji. THT brings some defense and ballhandling on his good days.
I really wish one of these guys was closer to 6'-8". Fontecchio is really our only viable big wing on the roster. He can get hot shooting the rock too but has deficiencies in every other part of his game.Too bad we can meld Simone's shooting and size with THT's wingspan, defense and ballhandling. We would have a really nice wing prospect on our hands.

Every time this guy has an open look I 100% think he is gonna make it. The stroke, delivery, arc.. all look so smooth.

100% extend if he is not being outrageous with his demands. He is a little bit of a one trick pony, but it happens to be the best possible trick.

Every time this guy has an open look I 100% think he is gonna make it. The stroke, delivery, arc.. all look so smooth.

100% extend if he is not being outrageous with his demands. He is a little bit of a one trick pony, but it happens to be the best possible trick.
It sounds like he wants his option for next year picked up… tack two more years on that deal at 8% raises and I feel great about it.

My concerns with Beasley are all off court. I know he’s in therapy and working through his stuff but it wasn’t good. One stupid relapse and he could be out the league Miles Bridges style… which is why he needs to prove it over the long term. Any extension needs to wait until the trade deadline.

Of all the guys that are on the table (according to recent publications) I think Malik is the guy I’d have the hardest time moving…. He’s on an absolute heater right now… I’m not sure this is quite who he is over the whole season… but he’s been awesome.

It sounds like he wants his option for next year picked up… tack two more years on that deal at 8% raises and I feel great about it.

My concerns with Beasley are all off court. I know he’s in therapy and working through his stuff but it wasn’t good. One stupid relapse and he could be out the league Miles Bridges style… which is why he needs to prove it over the long term. Any extension needs to wait until the trade deadline.

Of all the guys that are on the table (according to recent publications) I think Malik is the guy I’d have the hardest time moving…. He’s on an absolute heater right now… I’m not sure this is quite who he is over the whole season… but he’s been awesome.

What was/is his off the court stuff? I heard alot about it without any actual specifics