What's new

Exum Injured

Utah Jazz have confirmed Dante Exum tore his ACL in his left knee and will undergo reconstructive surgery.

As is standard, Dante Exum will likely get additional medical opinions before undergoing surgery. But surgery is inevitable.

Very bad news...

Utah Jazz have confirmed Dante Exum tore his ACL in his left knee and will undergo reconstructive surgery.

As is standard, Dante Exum will likely get additional medical opinions before undergoing surgery. But surgery is inevitable.

Very bad news...

Ahh.... ****. This hasn't made my day.

Locke says no official timetable will be given. But then says surgery + 6 months rehab. So February at the earliest. I'd think mid march is more likely. So one month before playoffs.

OK, so people keep bringing up these stats from Locke that show the team was better defensively with Trey. So either you believe Trey is a better defender, or perhaps the numbers are misleading for one reason or another.
Or perhaps it just means that Rudy and favors along with Snyder's scheme means that it doesn't matter all that much who is playing point guard on defense....... They will look good no matter what

This would be good news by the way

On the bright side... Dante should have plenty of time for shooting practice...

ya. let's try to be optimistic. maybe neto will end up being super good. who know? i bet sth good will happen.... unless god hates jazz oh wait

ya. let's try to be optimistic. maybe neto ends being super good. who know? i bet sth good will happen.... unless god hates jazz oh wait

Yeah I didn't like the Neto signing before but thinking about it now, he is a decent defender, a GREAT passer, and he looks a tenacious player.

I am all for Neto succeeding this year.

I don't think the jazz will bring him back mid season. They will probably tell him to do a lot of strength excersizes and getting 100%

Is Locke trying to blame Dante's dad for letting him play for Australia? Can't tell.

David Locke ‏@Lockedonsports 8m8 minutes ago
If I was the father of a young rising basketabll star the 2014 NBA draft class would scare the H out of me and I would give my son time off

David Locke ‏@Lockedonsports 7m7 minutes ago
12 month a year single devotion to one sport is bad for young athletes

Is Locke trying to blame Dante's dad for letting him play for Australia? Can't tell.

He's talking about all the injuries. He's saying that if he had a high school kid that was a rising star he would make sure his son took a break. he's saying that these injuries look like a warning to parents.

He's talking about all the injuries. He's saying that if he had a high school kid that was a rising star he would make sure his son took a break. he's saying that these injuries look like a warning to parents.

He did mention "star of the 2014 NBA draft class" ... that's pretty specific.

Wonder if he's trying to say that Dante's dad forced the Jazz into letting Dante play for Australia. This is new info for me at least.

He did mention "star of the 2014 NBA draft class" ... that's pretty specific.

Wonder if he's trying to say that Dante's dad forced the Jazz into letting Dante play for Australia. This is new info for me at least.

David Locke ‏@Lockedonsports 8m8 minutes ago
If I was the father of a young rising basketball star, the 2014 NBA draft class would scare the H out of me, and I would give my son time off

do those commas help?

Or perhaps it just means that Rudy and favors along with Snyder's scheme means that it doesn't matter all that much who is playing point guard on defense....... They will look good no matter what

This would be good news by the way

Well, Snyder thought enough of him to make him the starter over Trey, even with his non-existant offensive game. I'm guessing it might have had something to do with his defense. Anyway, you seem determined to dismiss Dante's contributions, so I think I will give up trying to convince you otherwise.

Neto might turn out to be a good fit for our team with his unselfishness and passing ability...

Let's hope he works hard on that 3pt shot this offseason.

Well, Snyder thought enough of him to make him the starter over Trey, even with his non-existant offensive game. I'm guessing it might have had something to do with his defense. Anyway, you seem determined to dismiss Dante's contributions, so I think I will give up trying to convince you otherwise.
Good point