What's new

Exum Update

So I was talking with my friend who works with Greg Miller. He said some obvious stuff but Lindsey has basically said any player minus Mitch. X. And Gobert are available. Hood isn't likely to be resigned if he isn't traded.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hopefully he can have an Aaron Gordon-like year.
without the airballs
So I was talking with my friend who works with Greg Miller. He said some obvious stuff but Lindsey has basically said any player minus Mitch. X. And Gobert are available. Hood isn't likely to be resigned if he isn't traded.

they really think that little of him ??? geez harsh

From Tony Jones at the Tribune:

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/...k-consider-this-rough-patch-more-of-a-hiccup/

"I don’t think it really matters if there’s a lot of interest around the league for Dante Exum because the Jazz almost certainly are going to keep him. He’s solidly in the long-term plans for this franchise. Let’s put it this way: The Jazz think Exum’s injury has hurt the team almost as much as Rudy Gobert’s injury."

Dear Exum haters: Drop suck on dat fo a while

Because DL talks to Tony Jones all the time on contracts right? Still think Favors is one of the best bigs the Jazz need to keep forever.....such wisdom.

Last edited:
Because DL talks to Tony Jones all the time on contracts right? Still think Favors is one of the best bigs the Jazz need to keep forever.....such wisdom.

Tony has great relationships with the team and players and gives the best info on the Jazz of anyone in the NBA outside of Woj and his prophet Shams. If he says this I tend to believe him. When he is just spouting his own opinion it's different.

The front office probably realized that Dante was a long-term, raw project. They have had to be very patient with him. Unfortunately, injuries have hindered his development, but he is definitely in the long-term plans. The duo of Exum/Mitch in summer league (granted it's summer league) was phenomenal and something that should really make us optimistic. So, I agree that Rudy, Mitch, Dante are the 3 keepers. Dante is great at driving, so filling the roster with as many 3 & D players would be ideal. Who is available and realistic to obtain, however?

A player like Exum, when healthy, fits every roster. He is an oversized PG with excellent athleticism. He is not ball dominant or stupid with the ball. Our front office is smart to make keeping him an off-season priority. I see him getting a Kemba Walker size deal in the off-season ($12ish per year for 4).

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I hope Exum will sign a contract some where else, taking into account the way he has been treated by Snyder and some Utah fans. For the last few years He has been treated like an idiot by Snyder with a short leash. Many Utah fans here also kept saying he was a bust. Sign a contract some where else, Dante, you dont need to take this S*** .

Last edited:
I hope Exum will sign a contract some where else, taking into account the way he has been treated by Snyder and some Utah fans. For the last few years He has been treated like an idiot by Snyder with a short leash. Many Utah fans here also kept saying he was a bust. Sign a contract some where else, Dante, you dont need to take this S*** .
If he does can you be packaged with him ?? K. Thnx
Bai

I hope Exum will sign a contract some where else, taking into account the way he has been treated by Snyder and some Utah fans. For the last few years He has been treated. like an idiot by Snyder with a short leash. Many Utah fans here also kept saying he was a bust. Sign a contract some where else, Dante, you dont need to take this S*** .
Dante isn’t going anywhere. He’s part of the future core. That was clear when he and Spida were tearing up summer league. Unlike Hood, I think they’ll match whatever he gets. Two major injuries (even if they were flukes) will have suppressed his value to other teams. Someone might risk an offer sheet, but it won’t be earth shattering.

I think the max that Dante will get is 4 years, $40 million. There's not a ton of teams with cap space, and he's a huge risk.

I agree, Quin tortured him. Hope he stays with Donovan though.

Yeah, cuz no other fans of any other team ever criticize players...

Dante isn’t going anywhere. He’s part of the future core. That was clear when he and Spida were tearing up summer league. Unlike Hood, I think they’ll match whatever he gets. Two major injuries (even if they were flukes) will have suppressed his value to other teams. Someone might risk an offer sheet, but it won’t be earth shattering.

Unless he says ****-you to Quin. Don't think he would but you never know.

But I think he should be excited to play here. I'm excited for him and Don to kick some ***.

The guy was on a short leash last year because of Gordon and the win now mentality we gave the guy the starting gig his rookie year. He did some things to merit that but was completely in over his head.

We’ve worked hard with the guy to develop... we brought in mentors... I highly doubt he thinks he has ever been mistreated and actually this team now fits his development curve. I expect he comes back and fits well with what we are doing. I’m more hopeful on him than I think I’ve ever been. My issue before was that his curve didn’t line up with Gordon’s.

Get him locked up for 3-4 years at a decent price and let’s go to work.

Greg miller owns a Best Buy?

Guess you don't know that pushing a player is.

Exum and Snyder have a great relationship.

Snyder talks about Exum more than any other player, even while he is hurt. He thinks he will be really good but it's really raw and pushes him harder than any other player on the team according to him. He is trying very hard to help develop him right and good habits in him.

It's not Snyder's fault Exum got hurt twice now. Last season Exum was still recovering from his ACL. It takes time to get back from that injury. Especially the first half of the season.

It's hard to take you Australians kids serious when you are such huge homers.

I think the max that Dante will get is 4 years, $40 million. There's not a ton of teams with cap space, and he's a huge risk.

The 76ers have plenty of cap space next year. It would also be tempting for Dante to play with his best friend Ben Simmons for a play off team.

The 76ers have plenty of cap space next year. It would also be tempting for Dante to play with his best friend Ben Simmons for a play off team.
Any source on them being best friends?