What's new

FA Targets at the MLE/BA level

We can bring back all the glass brothers on cheap deals. Burks, neto, hood, and exum
Burks you say? I'm listening.....

For real though, he is a free agent and would be cheap.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

How do you get him? They won’t have cap space or the MLE. Room exception won’t be enough. I guess you could look at a sign and trade with Exum going to the Pelicans, but that’s entirely dependent on New Orleans wanting Dante. Not sure there’s a viable route to acquire him.
I thought if we don't keep favors then we have like hella money

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I still can't figure out how much money we have for FA ... can anyone explain it? thank you..

We will be under the cap to start July then go over the cap to complete this trade (if we don't let Favors go of course). Once a team starts with cap and then uses all their space, they have the "Room Exception of $4.7". The contract can be for up to 2 years. We can use all of that on one player or split it up.

Outside of that, we can sign players using minimum contracts.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/early-mid-level-bi-annual-projections-for-201920.html

I think the Jazz should at least have coffee with Khris Middleton. If the Jazz were able to move Exum, not pick up Favors' option, and make a couple other tweaks, I think we could still come up a full max slot.

We will be under the cap to start July then go over the cap to complete this trade (if we don't let Favors go of course). Once a team starts with cap and then uses all their space, they have the "Room Exception of $4.7". The contract can be for up to 2 years. We can use all of that on one player or split it up.

Outside of that, we can sign players using minimum contracts.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/early-mid-level-bi-annual-projections-for-201920.html
Thanks

This is absolutely stupid. Let's handcuff ourselves from making any better improvements by insisting on keeping Favors. Cut him loose and find something better to do with $18M in cap space. It's insanity. If we want to start being rational and stop overvaluing our guys, look no further than our pet tandem of Favors and Exum.

We have a TPE of about 3.9M available to use before FA starts on June 30th. The problem is that the most we can absorb is around 2M so we can have enough space to absorb Conley. An option is to waive Neto to get the full TPE if some team in the league is willing to trade a player into that TPE.

The one I thought about is the Lakers reportedly wanting to get rid off their young players to free capspace. we can probably absorb Mo Wagner into that TPE for example.

Question: How do I create enough room in my garage for a new car plus the snowmobiles I never use but having to keep maintained and pay to register every year?

Answer: You get rid of the ****ing snowmobiles!

Exum is a free agent?
Sorry. I meant that the Jazz use Exum’s salary as part of a sign and trade deal for an incoming FA. If I understand correctly, this would allow the Jazz to add a player for more than the MLE. It’s completely dependent on the team we’re dealing with actually wanting Exum at his current rate. Not sure that’s likely unless he proves he’s healthy. Don’t want to give up more assets to add a FA. Better to wait until the deadline and explore trade options than sell low.

We have a TPE of about 3.9M available to use before FA starts on June 30th. The problem is that the most we can absorb is around 2M so we can have enough space to absorb Conley. An option is to waive Neto to get the full TPE if some team in the league is willing to trade a player into that TPE.

The one I thought about is the Lakers reportedly wanting to get rid off their young players to free capspace. we can probably absorb Mo Wagner into that TPE for example.

Fairly certain you could waive Neto, then sign him to a vet Minimum after using the trade exception. You could probably get all of the Lakers youngs with that trade exception.