What's new

FA Targets at the MLE/BA level

They should have money in this supposed trust. And multiple teams with too many picks IIRC.

If we don’t and others do I don’t want to hear the usual excuses... no roster spots, teams weren’t trading the picks... yada yada. It’s time to end the BS and find some second round steals.

Targets I'm looking at with the $4.7:

DeWayne Dedmon
DeMarre Carroll
Ed Davis
Frank Kaminsky
Wes Matthews
JaMychal Green
Taj Gibson
Anthony Tolliver
Luol Deng
Noah Vonleh
Furkan Korkmaz
Jonathon Simmons
Jeff Green
Mike Scott
Wilson Chandler
Luwawu-Cabarrot
Vince Carter
Damyean Dotson

There are a handful of veteran minimum guys I would consider too:
Thabo Sefolosha
Jose Calderon
Alec Burks
Dragan Bender
Jerekbo
Marquese Chriss

Couldn't the Jazz renegotiate with Royce to push us over the cap and allow for the MLE? Would it be enough for him to want to extend?

Couldn't the Jazz renegotiate with Royce to push us over the cap and allow for the MLE? Would it be enough for him to want to extend?

No because we worked this trade with Memphis to have Conley picked up primarily using cap space that we will open up in July.

Conley during the draft would be $30 million so we would need to send about $24 million in salaries back to make it work. Crowder ($7.3), Korver ($3.44) and Grayson ($2.1) wouldn't be near enough. It's clear that we didn't want to send back Exum or even Bradley.

Room Exception should get used on a PF to replace Jae Crowder.

DeMarre Carroll, Ed Davis, JaMychal Green, Taj Gibson or Mike Scott would all be excellent pickups.

I think the Jazz can still use their trade exception to add a guy for up to $4 million after all the other transactions are worked out as well. I think they’ll make use of that to help fill out the bench.

Hopefully they can nab a couple of guys in the draft who can compete as well.

Jazz need an athletic, 2-way forward. That's a hole in the roster right now. The good news is that this player will get to play next to Conley, Mitchell, Ingles and Gobert.
Hopefully Oneal will become that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm going to continue pushing for NIkola Kalinic until we sign him so... lets go after Kalinic...

**** yes!
Conley and randle would be an awesome off season
How do you get him? They won’t have cap space or the MLE. Room exception won’t be enough. I guess you could look at a sign and trade with Exum going to the Pelicans, but that’s entirely dependent on New Orleans wanting Dante. Not sure there’s a viable route to acquire him.

No... they have the trade exception in the deal...

One thing to watch... we might use our AB trade exception to get Wagner and the other lakers they are trying to dump. Fills in the roster and gets us some young guys for free.

Also disappointed we couldn’t dump Bradley in the Memphis deal... would have been nice to clear just a little more room... as we hunt around for FA before just bringing back Favs an extra million would have been nice.
Who the **** is Wagner?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Let's be honest right now. Seriously honest:

We have to waive Favors, hope and pray he clears waivers, and then re-sign him for cheaper.

Re-signing him to a long term deal making $12-13 million would be incredible for us. If we want to compete for a title, it will so important to have that extra $4-5 million PLUS the Room Exception $4.7. If we could add somebody like DeMarre Carroll and somebody like Wes Matthews, we would be that much deeper.

I don't think there is a team in the league who picks up Favors off of waivers at a $17.7 million expiring.