What's new

Father and sons night -- Hawks @ Jazz 3/20/2018 7:00 pm MST

Jingles has two fairly open looks from deep at the end and just missed them both. Jazz has their heads up their asses all night and couldn’t pull it together in the end.

Offense looks like garbage all night. Every time the Jazz pushed a lead out, they’d let Schroder abuse them and give up a run. Couldn’t stay in front of him. No killer instinct tonight. Hope Donovan and Rudy are pissed. Jazz need to stay focused to close out the season or they will miss the playoffs.

Margin for error is too damn slim at this point to let up. Terrible effort tonight.

We need more from our bench. Especially O’Neal. 19 minutes and 2 points. 1-6 from the field and 0-3 from deep. All the threes wide open too.
Burks might need to start getting some of those minutes. I know it won’t happen though.

Bad night as we had it pegged as a win. Hopefully we can steal something we're not supposed to win in this upcoming stretch.

Can't be mad at anyone but ourselves. When you go 6 for 34 from downtown for 18%, you're not winning in this league.

And I love DM as much as anyone, but he was straight chucking tonight. 9 of 28, 1 for 10 from deep. Airballs, bricks, just wasn't on.

Jazz were playing like they expected to win, not playing like they were desperate to win.

Now they must play desperate against better teams if they hope to make the playoffs.

Well, if the Jazz don't make the playoffs these two losses to Atlanta are going to a big reason why. Thank goodness we don't play Atlanta anymore. Why can't the Jazz shoot the 3pt shot better against this team. DM really needs to stop shooting 3 pts for a while. Jingles wasn't any better. What really sucks about this loss is Boston had a miracle comeback to beat OKC tonight.

What is really bothering me is our bench scoring really is bad. Oh well Jazz are going to need to win one of these road games that they're suppose to lose to make up for this horrible loss.

We need more from our bench. Especially O’Neal. 19 minutes and 2 points. 1-6 from the field and 0-3 from deep. All the threes wide open too.
Burks might need to start getting some of those minutes. I know it won’t happen though.
Agreed. O'Neale has been pretty bad since the All Star break. Utah needs more bench help. Can’t have guys play like **** if they’re getting major rotation minutes. Almost makes me wish we’d nabbed IT for some heat off the bench. The offense was crap tonight. Hawks did a great job of forcing Utah out of their comfort zone.

And this is what happens when you give crappy teams like Atlanta and Sacramento hope all game. They make you pay for keeping them in the games they don't have any business being in.

Costly game tonight.

Favors better have really been injured and not able to go. If he was held out cause it looked like an easy win and favors needed some rest then that really screwed us. (Though I thought it would be an easy win without him and probably would have rested him too if I felt he needed for the upcoming harder games)

Dropped back to 8th with their first loss in 9 games. Margin for error in the West is razor thin. Thankfully the Clippers and Nuggets have been imploding or we’d be back down to 10th. Jazz have to win these types of games to make the postseason.

And this is what happens when you give crappy teams like Atlanta and Sacramento hope all game. They make you pay for keeping them in the games they don't have any business being in.

Costly game tonight.

The kings didn’t make us pay doe

The real O'neal is this, right? He didn't play well in the last games.

Jazz need to have some alternative on the bench. We don't have. Burks has to be this guy.

More bricks for Burks, please.