What's new

Favors Back Next Season?

Jazzman12

Just hear me out on this. Here’s the facts:

- It’s well documented that Favors loved it here and was loved by the organization. Their parting was as amicable as you’ll see.

- While playing solid for the Pelicans, it doesn’t really seem like Favors has played his way into another contract as lucrative as his last contract from the Jazz.

- Perhaps his 1 year experience away from Utah makes him view a return to Utah on a midlevel deal, coming off the bench while still playing good minutes for a contending team in a town/team he’s familiar with and likes as a suitable situation at this point in his career?

I’m sorry, I know I’m probably dreaming, but Fav’s back playing good bench minutes and providing his rebounding/Defense is exactly what this team needs.

yep, we all know the GREAT Dennis Lindsey isn't afraid of trying new things.

Last offseason fans wanted more shooting, so he fixed it by getting rid of Favors, Rubio and Crowder. Replacing them with Bojan and Conley.

Next offseason, all fans will be wanting more toughness and size. So DL will again try something new by getting rid of Bojan and Conley, then bring us the physical players in Favors, Crowder and Rubio.

Problem fixed. 2021 season ticket purchase confirmed.

Last edited:
Favors will be a starting center somewhere next season.

I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility, but he's having a good year and we can't afford another 16 mil.:(

I could be way off base but I don’t think he gets near $16 mil next year. I think he’ll take the full midlevel to go play somewhere in a good situation. Not saying it will be the Jazz, but it would be nice. There’s a huge void on this team that Favors fills and the situation would be a bit different than when he left. The biggest obstacle is whether he’s willing to take a bench role IMO.

If we had Derrick we would be a better team. Idk what his market will be exactly, but Favs depth is a big thing we are missing this season.

Favors for mid-level putting in 12-18 minutes per night backing up Rudy off the bench, with the occasional twin towers set up would be fantastic. I don't think there is any way that happens but it would be awesome.