What's new

Favors' clutch shot

That shot was huge, man. 92x91 1:10 remaining. Derrick Favors played so well, just struggled at free throw line. Give him some credit. Biggest shot of his career.

I love Derrick Favors. He needs to stay here.
Agreed. Favors needs to stay. Not sure what Exum or Rubio will cost, but I’d probably invest in keeping them too, but re-signing Derrick Favors should be priority #1 this offseason.

We can't praise DFavs enough for how he has played the whole year. We talk about Joe as being a "glue guy", DFavs, with his play and attitude, is also a consummate team player and glue guy. He helps the team win by doing the not so glamorous stuff. The fact that he did it in a contract year is amazing to me. I can't believe that someone didn't ask him about his big shot in the presser. Other guys would be crowing and beating their chest, DFavs just let it go and let the spot light shine on his teammates.
Someone should start a billboard campaign to "Bring him back"!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Agreed. Favors needs to stay. Not sure what Exum or Rubio will cost, but I’d probably invest in keeping them too, but re-signing Derrick Favors should be priority #1 this offseason.
Ricky is signed for next season, but I guess you have to look down the road when considering what to offer Favors. Exum is a bigger concern. I don't think you can offer him more than $10 million, maybe for two years with a third-year team option?

Yeah, that shot was out of the blue perfection. Kinda shocked he took it, kinda shocked it was nbn. Love Favors, but he is probably gone. He's going to be looking for the most money he can get, and nobody can blame him. I don't think the Jazz need to be the team that pays him.

I'm sure it was in Favors' mind that last night could have been his last game in Utah as a member of The Jazz.

Would probably explain why he couldn't relax on the FT line.

No. They lose they go to game 7.

Game 7 wouldn’t be played in Utah doe.
He was saying that it could be favors last game IN UTAH

Love Favors and wish he’d come back. Besides his play, he seems to be very good for our locker room and I’d hate to mess that up.

I really hope Exum and his agent are realistic with their expectations of what he “deserves “.

I love Favors....I hope we can resign him but I can see him signing a big deal for a different team. Always a hard worker, glue guy and nice guy too. I met him at the airport once and was one of the nicest dudes I've ever met.

Also that is his shot, looked so pretty

one of his ft became a 3. lol kinda worked out

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Remember how the question before the series was how he matches up with Carmelo? It very quickly became how Carmelo matches up with Favors. Here's your answer. Melo's stats in the first round.

11.8 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 0.3(!!!) APG. 38% from the field, 21% from the arc. Took 2.5 FTs. -4.4 Box +/-.

Derek outplayed him in every segment of the game.