What's new

Favors' clutch shot

Love Favors and wish he’d come back. Besides his play, he seems to be very good for our locker room and I’d hate to mess that up.

I really hope Exum and his agent are realistic with their expectations of what he “deserves “.

Based on Exums total career so far he don’t deserve Jack ****.

I too would love to have favors back. Probably the nicest most fan friendly guy on the team

Utah's top 5 man unit with Gobert and Favors played 447 minutes and were an incredible +110. You won't find that in Houston or GSW.

Favors is a priority and needs to return.

Nice stat

Love Favors' interviews. He speaks more intelligently about plays than anyone else on the team, and in low key fashion. He's a must resign, IMO.

That shot has been money all season.
I think you're being hyperbolic, since Favors shot 39% on long 2s during the regular season, which is only between decent and good for a big man -- and that is by far his career-high from that distance. My point is, he never actually developed an offensive repertoire. He has this medium-to long jumpers -- which are semi-reliable --, he can finish very close to the basket from hand-outs, offensive boards and even pick-and-rolls, but doesn't have any individual offensive move whatsoever... after 9 years in the league! I think he is, at this point, a good role player with no upside. Although I admit that he seems to have a good character and work ethic, I wouldn't pay him much.

Derrick Favors was a difference maker this series. Props to him. I didn't think he could play with Gobert but I was wrong. Bravo!

And that shot was amazing. Biggest shot of his career and he shot it like it was no big deal.

The universe is a poet.

It was the exact shot that we’ve been watching Favors shoot his entire career. The shot we always wish he could hit consistently because we knew it would always be open for him. But you just never felt confident when he shot it. But every so often he’d hit a couple and you would wonder if it’s finally happening.

And there he was. Wide open as always, he puts it up and it’s a perfect swish. That’s how you know it’s that kind of season. Favors has been clutch this season. And you knew he was hitting that ****. He’s turned a corner as an NBA player. It wasn’t a lucky shot, it was a culmination of his hard work. He’s gotten better at that shot his whole career, slowly but surely those percentages were going up. The dude CAN hit it reliably now. Perfect example of player growth.

I was so happy for him.

Based on Exums total career so far he don’t deserve Jack ****.

I too would love to have favors back. Probably the nicest most fan friendly guy on the team
This will get dragged up if Exum ever has another good game in a Jazz uniform, but I don't think passing on Exum's QO is out-of-the-question.

I think you're being hyperbolic, since Favors shot 39% on long 2s during the regular season, which is only between decent and good for a big man -- and that is by far his career-high from that distance. My point is, he never actually developed an offensive repertoire. He has this medium-to long jumpers -- which are semi-reliable --, he can finish very close to the basket from hand-outs, offensive boards and even pick-and-rolls, but doesn't have any individual offensive move whatsoever... after 9 years in the league! I think he is, at this point, a good role player with no upside. Although I admit that he seems to have a good character and work ethic, I wouldn't pay him much.

He is semi-reliable on offense. He does not hit long 2's with efficiency.

But let me explain how offenses work: Sometimes those mid-range jumpers are the highest % shot a team can take. It's a necessity but everyone is caught up in faux analytics and pretends these shots don't matter. Guess what, they do.

What a massive shot. I hope he stays, but we can't be stupid with his contract. This core has championship potential so we don't need some Ostertag/AK type contract that keeps us from building around it.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Only Infection cried tears when Favors hit that shot. Realizing his boyfriend Mirocrap won't be here but instead Favors will get a new contract with us. Remember Infection Favors > miroshit don't cry tho

Sent from my ASUS_X018D using JazzFanz mobile app

So, Favors is looking at getting a big contract this summer. Would you resign him at the cost of losing someone like a Klay Thompson next year?

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

So, Favors is looking at getting a big contract this summer. Would you resign him at the cost of losing someone like a Klay Thompson next year?

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

#1 - I don't think we should give him a big contract. I just don't. Off the court, it's hard to find a guy as great as Favors. On the court, I still have my doubts that he is absolutely essential to getting us to the contender status. If he makes $15 the next few years, that screws us in a lot of ways. If we keep him for $10, it's very worth it.

#2 - I don't think Klay will be in play for us at all. I would love to have him, but I just don't see it being possible.

#3 - I personally would rather wait and try to sign somebody like Tobias Harris, Mirotic, Jeremy Lamb, Stanley Johnson, or Kaminsky. All of these guys offer us some flexibility on the offensive end.

Only Infection cried tears when Favors hit that shot. Realizing his boyfriend Mirocrap won't be here but instead Favors will get a new contract with us. Remember Infection Favors > miroshit don't cry tho

Sent from my ASUS_X018D using JazzFanz mobile app

Lol
You should compare favors playoff stats with mirotic and see what you find.

I will help you out too.
Here are mirotic stats in the playoffs:
35.6 minutes per game.
16.4 points per game
9.2 rebounds per game
2 blocks per game
1 turnover per game
53.4% from the field
43.3% from three (on 6 three point attempts per game)
87.5% from the free throw line
64.7% efg

Now you post favors stats and see how they compare.

Oh and mirotic team beat the 3 seed and has a record of 4-1 in the playoffs.

Lol
You should compare favors playoff stats with mirotic and see what you find.

I will help you out too.
Here are mirotic stats in the playoffs:
35.6 minutes per game.
16.4 points per game
9.2 rebounds per game
2 blocks per game
1 turnover per game
53.4% from the field
43.3% from three (on 6 three point attempts per game)
87.5% from the free throw line
64.7% efg

Now you post favors stats and see how they compare.

Oh and mirotic team beat the 3 seed and has a record of 4-1 in the playoffs.
In all honesty, Mirotic has been great next to Davis (and with an increased role) and I don’t see any way that NO can prioritize keeping Cousins over Niko.

At the same time, it wasn’t worth the Jazz 1st round pick to trade for him. . . but he clearly could’ve been worth that value and more if the Jazz has traded Burks to get off his last year like the Pels did with Asik.

I’m still very happy with Favors and hope he sticks around for the foreseeable future. There’s no way that Utah should have lowered the protections for that pick like the Pelicans did. There was a very real risk that they could’ve given up a lottery pick for a guy who was on a hot streak.