What's new

Favors not included in Cavs trade talks

My2Cents

According to Locke on tipoff. Favors was not in the deal. Don't know if this is true or Jazz starting to save face

Wtf?

So confused. I thought there were sources in Cleveland FO who confirmed this?

Also thought Lindsey said (on 1280 last week) Jazz don't confirmOR DENY any trade talks until after the draft/trade deadlines. I have to podcast Tip-Off this morning. Can you tell us more of what Locke said? Where is this info coming from? Locke also confirmed the rumor just yesterday. So damn confused.

According to Locke on tipoff. Favors was not in the deal. Don't know if this is true or Jazz starting to save face

Perhaps. Although based off how the Cavs operate (like ****ing morons) they leaked the "proposed deals", not the Jazz. I think they were trying to drive up the price of their pick and used our assets in the media to do so.

Cavs management (Dan Gilbert specifically) are attention whores.

Rigby said Favors was working out with Neto yesterday on 1280 this morning. I thought it was big of Favs to be doing so with trade talks. Dunno what to think. Cavs using us makes sense.

I can't wait to see how the Cavs screw this up. I am of the opinion that LBJ ain't going back. I hope they set up everything to lure in Lebron and then he doesn't even bother to meet with them.

Wtf?

So confused. I thought there were sources in Cleveland FO who confirmed this?

Also thought Lindsey said (on 1280 last week) Jazz don't confirmOR DENY any trade talks until after the draft/trade deadlines. I have to podcast Tip-Off this morning. Can you tell us more of what Locke said? Where is this info coming from? Locke also confirmed the rumor just yesterday. So damn confused.

Don't overthink this time of year. Whatever the Cavs said means nothing. There is misinformation more often than not and to sift through the media snippets to find the truth is impossible.

Favors is the only good asset we have. Do the Jazz think they can get Wiggins for scrubs?

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Yeah it was funny yesterday Locke was saying if we had signed Hayward that maybe this is a done deal... Almost like they'd want Hayward more than Favs. That would have been great.

All of this stuff in the public eye seems like angling to me. I wonder if they are still trying to trade the pick to get a help now asset plus other assets to get Love. I would call their bluff.

Just to clarify, Locke did not say Favors "was not in the deal" in the sense that Favors had not been discussed. Locke said that Favors was not a "key part" of the deal. Maybe semantics. Locke seemed to say that Favors may have been discussed, but was not a key part of the deal because either 1) the Cavs don't want him (possibly don't want to take on the salary, or are happy with their current bigs), or 2) the Jazz were unwilling to include Favors. But he didn't seem to know why.

This sounds like BS on all ends. Affallo was just traded for crap to Denver.

And somehow he was a key piece??

Jazz offer is much better right now. Jazz might be fed up with the Cavs though. That team is a joke.

Yeah, I am not sure if this is damage control by Utah or if the Cavs are trolling us.

The "leak" came from Jody Genessy of the Deseret News, who sure as hell didn't get his info from anyone inside the Jazz organization. It was clear from the beginning this was either nothing or Cleveland drama.

David Locke @Lockedonsports · 23m
“@downrightdave @davidjsmith1232 @Lockedonsports said he wasn’t an integral part, not that they were false.” correct. Thanks 4 listening.

if favors wasnt the integral part of the deal...then what the hell was??

To me it sounds like front office gave orders to spread the word that Favors wasn't apart of it to save face because Cavs are keeping the pick.