What's new

Favors to OKC in works (Update: Traded)

If this was brought up in the Jazz draft preview thread, I apologize. The tweet was just three hours ago though.

blechhh.. good vibes from last night take a hit.

Would like to know protections and needed to sneak out Williams or Roby. When Detroit screwed us with their awful trade I knew a couple seconds wouldn’t get it done.

Now… for the love of everything holy… Do.Not.Spend. On. A. Backup. Center.

90% of our draft capital is spent on getting in point guards and getting rid of centers… I’m only kind of kidding.

Not thrilled with giving up a freakin 1st for him. Yeah, we might be going for it all and the pick could be pick 29. But it could also end up being like the 20th pick. We just don’t know what Conley is gonna do.

How does this affect our MLE?

I’d love if we signed Batum or Gay immediately thus sending a great sign to Conley that we are all in.

Not thrilled with giving up a freakin 1st for him. Yeah, we might be going for it all and the pick could be pick 29. But it could also end up being like the 20th pick. We just don’t know what Conley is gonna do.

How does this affect our MLE?
It makes it easier on Ryan’s pocket book to use it.

I mean if you can swap a first for a second and get $50m for it then it’s sound financially… it just sucks.

A 1st?! To be fair outside of 2 guys, this organization is awful, flat out awful, at drafting. Still that seems insanely steep. Oh well that $$$ is important.

I am a bit confused, I thought the Jazz couldn’t trade a first round pick until they complete the Conley trade? So how were they able to trade a first with Favors?

I am a bit confused, I thought the Jazz couldn’t trade a first round pick until they complete the Conley trade? So how were they able to trade a first with Favors?
I been telling people we can forever… local media doesn’t understand this stuff. They can trade a pick but it has to have protections such that it coneys two years after the pick we owe Memphis.

This Favors trade checks some important boxes
Insures Udoka gets a chance
Saves a lot of money so Jazz can sign Conley
If OKC cuts Favors Jazz can re-sign for much less if they want him back

This Favors trade checks some important boxes
Insures Udoka gets a chance
Saves a lot of money so Jazz can sign Conley
If OKC cuts Favors Jazz can re-sign for much less if they want him back
I don’t want him back, lol. We’d just turn around and spend more firsts or multiple second rounders just to dump him again, besides I’d like the jazz to stop wasting last years first. Lol

So now we are without 2 future first round picks.

This is all so Ryan saves some money? This is so disheartening.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
This was always going to happen. Sucks but we get to pay for DL’s sins. Hopefully it’s got lotto protection and turns into two seconds. We are all in!!!! Except the 50M we just saved.