What's new

Game Thread Feb 02, 2021 8:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pistons

Added to Calendar: 02-02-21

I'm personally not upset but during the game I said we are unstoppable when we are hitting shots but this team is plenty beatable, by bad teams nonetheless, if things aren't going right. That doesn't mean we suck but in a 7 game series it could be detrimental.
Fwiw every team in the nba is plenty beatable by bad teams.

I bet you can't find a single team in the nba that hasn't lost to a bad team this year. The bucks, sixers, lakers, clippers, nuggets, etc, have all lost to bad teams already this year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

This board would have had a full blown meltdown if we blew a 5-point lead in 8 seconds to the Wizards like the Nets did the other night.
Disagree, winning a hard-fought battle is completely different from blowing a giant lead because you basically just quit, then eeking out the win at the last second, almost literally.

Yes, but that’s not what I said.
Ok. I will no longer take your words at their meaning and assume you have some far deeper meaning beyond the definition of your words. Or you could explain how this doesn't mean what it says...

This board would have had a full blown meltdown if we blew a 5-point lead in 8 seconds to the Wizards like the Nets did the other night.

5 point lead sure doesn't sound like blowing a giant lead through just giving up, sounds like some flukey **** happening, and that happens from time to time. And a back-and-forth at the end of the game sounds like a hard-fought battle to me. Allowing a near 30-point lead to dwindle away and then possibly losing is a bigger deal imo.

In other words, I think you are wrong, I think we would have had an animated board had we lost after being up by 5 in the waning seconds of the game, and rightly so, but I do not believe you would have had a "meltdown" as you indicated.

Ok. I will no longer take your words at their meaning and assume you have some far deeper meaning beyond the definition of your words. Or you could explain how this doesn't mean what it says...

5 point lead sure doesn't sound like blowing a giant lead through just giving up, sounds like some flukey **** happening, and that happens from time to time. And a back-and-forth at the end of the game sounds like a hard-fought battle to me. Allowing a near 30-point lead to dwindle away and then possibly losing is a bigger deal imo.

In other words, I think you are wrong, I think we would have had an animated board had we lost after being up by 5 in the waning seconds of the game, and rightly so, but I do not believe you would have had a "meltdown" as you indicated.

No, there would have been a meltdown. HUGE freaking meltdown. It was the Wizards. Detroit is a much, MUCH better team than the Wizards. Their record is pretty skewed because of the difficulty of their schedule.

It’s pretty hard to imagine the psyche of a Nets fan, though, so the comparison is hard to make.

I think a Nets-fan psyche must be very busy convincing itself that its not rooting for the worst version of NBA basketball in history. Anything otherwise is shameless and gross.

It’s pretty hard to imagine the psyche of a Nets fan, though, so the comparison is hard to make.

I think a Nets-fan psyche must be very busy convincing itself that its not rooting for the worst version of NBA basketball in history. Anything otherwise is shameless and gross.

I mean were there actual Nets fans before last year? If you were rooting for the Nets before then, you are probably just happy to be relevant as something besides a punchline.