What's new

Game Thread Feb 26, 2021 6:00PM MT: Jazz at Heat

Added to Calendar: 02-26-21

Man Donovan was bad at the end.

One coaching thing I thought was done poorly, but admittedly probably wouldn't have mattered since bogey got a great look, was when the jazz were down 3 with like 40 seconds left (iirc) and had the ball I think quin should have taken our worst offensive player out (Royce) for Ingles.
If the jazz score on that possession then Miami calls a timeout and your can put Royce back in for defense. If the jazz don't score then they have to foul and you can put Royce back in for defense.
Ingles should be in the game rather than Royce for offensive possessions when you need to score are the end of a close game.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think we do. I think we just need better decision-making.
Agreed. I mean we have more than 5 weapons on offense but you can't have more than 5 weapons on the court at the same time. Having 15 weapons wouldn't do you any good.

Especially considering Jimmy got away with the same thing on the following Heat possession.
A co worker mentioned that Conley would have got that call if he would have fallen to the ground to draw the charge and sell it better.
I doubt it though.

We’re in February so it doesn’t really matter how Mitchell is playing now, but it’s still disappointing to see him have such an up and down season. I still think Mitchell leveling up is the only way we win the championship.
Yep.
We will go as far as the Spida takes us

Was the right call but is such a **** play from the defender. Would love to see the NBA remove that particular charge call, its dangerous and makes the game ugly. Im not normally against rule changes that makes it harder to defend but I genuinely hate when players come across late when someone is attacking the basket.
Agreed with everything you posted

Bogey being crap will make him more crap in the playoffs when he shys away more. Defenses will lock him up. We should trade him for a better 2 way player with less offensive and defensive restrictions

Both Butler and Dragic with season high, we played average and it was still a close game. Let's bounce back against Orlando.

The occasional loss is a good reminder that the Jazz still have plenty to work on and improve. I think it's a good thing for them to lose every now and then because it will keep them motivated and hungry instead of complacent.

If we need a 3/4, we still have Brantley. Have him found on playing the emergency wing 3/4 defender. Plus he can space the floor. Oni can give help at the 2/3 and Juwan at the 4/5. Yes they are not vets but I would improve on things they have control. Brantley has some great defensive moments, just try to get it out of him at all times. It may be needed for a championship.

Didn't make shots or get a very good whistle... We played the right way and we made them beat us... if they were off too we'd have won the game pretty easily. I don't get too bothered when we lose but we didn't give the game away. Made em earn it.

Now go bury Orlando tonight please.