What's new

FIBA Stuff

43-40 for Canada at half. Quite tough défense on both sides. KO play well NAW too. Rudy is terrible 4 pts miss a lot including in défense. For his défense he got 2 fouls quite fast.. but this is the Rudy from Minny at that stage. France stay in the game because of Fournier 19 points. If we could have him at jazz as 7-8 in the rotation . It would be great. But salary is really bad.

Jc 28 pts, 7 ast, 7 reb 1/6 from 3. Good game but Fouled out with more than 2mins left. They can’t rebound and they fouled every time. KAT had a great game

I turned on the Philippines game just as Jordan fouled out. He was heartbroken, helplessly watching while they lost. He apparently finished with 28 pts.

Karl-Anthony Townes for the DR had 26 pts and 10 rebounds and won game MVP.

France is as expected. No one can score except Fournier and De colo . On the other side Canada is great 4 or 5 players in double digit. Plus SGA. Rudy play really bad feel sad for him. Hopefully it’s just one night. France can loose against Latvia playing like that.

Dead dude great game opened the game for AUS. The best Exum I've watched.
FIN couldn't find a way to put Markannen in good spots or lanes.
CAN routed a very suspicious french team.
Great PHI/DOM game until a couple whistles decided JC time was over. No matter what, dude's just fun to watch.

To be fair, Lauri played much better in the 2nd half despite scoring less and Australia running away with it.
Lauri was was -29 in +/-, by far the worst of all players, despite the fact he was not playing much during the massacre of 4th quarter. He was 1/7 from three, had four turnovers, and twice passed the ball directly to the audience.It didn't help that Team Finland fell out of pace after 15 minutes, but there is no way around the fact this was possibly the worst game for Lauri in a couple years.

Happily there is only one way to go after hitting rock bottom :)

Lauri was was -29 in +/-, by far the worst of all players, despite the fact he was not playing much during the massacre of 4th quarter. He was 1/7 from three, had four turnovers, and twice passed the ball directly to the audience.It didn't help that Team Finland fell out of pace after 15 minutes, but there is no way around the fact this was possibly the worst game for Lauri in a couple years.

Straight to hell?

Dead dude great game opened the game for AUS. The best Exum I've watched.
FIN couldn't find a way to put Markannen in good spots or lanes.
CAN routed a very suspicious french team.
Great PHI/DOM game until a couple whistles decided JC time was over. No matter what, dude's just fun to watch.

Exum was excellent off the bench for us at the last Olympics, I was surprised that he didn't pick up an NBA contract last year off the back of that. Joe said after the game that Dante was excellent in the Olympic tournament and had gone on to improve at Partizan. Be interesting to see how much court time he gets for the Mavs this year.

Ehm... what? He had a horrible first half but that didnt eventually cost us the game. 3 of those turnovers (including the passes to the stands) and 5 of the 6 missed threes were all in the first half.

In the 2nd half it was the backcourt who played like garbage especially on defense and they also couldnt get any proper plays initiated on offense. They were constantly abused by Mills, Giddey and Exum.

Exum was excellent off the bench for us at the last Olympics, I was surprised that he didn't pick up an NBA contract last year off the back of that. Joe said after the game that Dante was excellent in the Olympic tournament and had gone on to improve at Partizan. Be interesting to see how much court time he gets for the Mavs this year.
Clearly Exum's not anymore the timid young player he was in Utah.
He appears to feel comfortable, focused, much better at basketball.
Hope he find his way in DAL..

Clearly Exum's not anymore the timid young player he was in Utah.
He appears to feel comfortable, focused, much better at basketball.
Hope he find his way in DAL..

I think the culture within the boomers helps him a lot, its a pretty supportive environment, based on unselfishness and winning, the guys play for the boomers instead of going on holiday. That said i think a couple of season in Europe as an import may have toughened the kid up a bit, it pretty cutthroat over there. At 28 I hop he has a good second half to his career.

Ehm... what? He had a horrible first half but that didnt eventually cost us the game. 3 of those turnovers (including the passes to the stands) and 5 of the 6 missed threes were all in the first half.

In the 2nd half it was the backcourt who played like garbage especially on defense and they also couldnt get any proper plays initiated on offense. They were constantly abused by Mills, Giddey and Exum.

I think our length and athleticism really junked up the game, Patty Mills is killer but he's now surrounded by speed and size, its probably only the US and Canada that can run with us in the open court. Losing Landale hurts our half court game but he have a lot of weapons, hopefully we thump the krauts and take out the group.