What's new

Finn from Glee is dead.

so only lazy rich people struggle with addiction? Douche.

33a09_orig-u_mad_bro-jpg.9264

Who's to say he was lazy? He probably dedicated more effort to his job/craft than thriller has to anything in his life.

Yeah. Probably. Maybe I should give up on life and join some queer music show that makes it big with the teenage girls. Real men watch the NFL and fighting. Not High School Musical. Then, when I get tired of life, I can overdose on drugs. Wah wah.

For the rest of us in reality, we have too much work, too much family, too much religion, too much responsibility, and too many bills to worry about drugs.

Yeah. Probably. Maybe I should give up on life and join some queer music show that makes it big with the teenage girls. Real men watch the NFL and fighting. Not High School Musical. Then, when I get tired of life, I can overdose on drugs. Wah wah.

For the rest of us in reality, we have too much work, too much family, too much religion, too much responsibility, and too many bills to worry about drugs.

Your reality is not the only reality, and taking joy, as you obviously are, in someone's tragedy because "they're rich" or whatever other nonsense you used to justify your attitude is just shameful.

Your reality is not the only reality, and taking joy, as you obviously are, in someone's tragedy because "they're rich" or whatever other nonsense you used to justify your attitude is just shameful.

No. How am I taking joy in it?

I just find it amazing that folks who can't take the punishment in Hollywood/the boringness of life, must resort to drugs. Could this kid have made it in a steel mill 40 years ago? How about working in a factoring packaging meat?

So I'm supposed to feel horrible for someone who had a tissue paper soft *** life? Work at McDonalds. Work as a school teacher. Work as a police officer. Go talk to a vet in Afghanistan. They have much harder lives but I don't see them running to become potheads.

I guess some of us are made out of tougher material or have more concerns about others more than just ourselves. From what I gather, he had a girlfriend. Why quit on her? Why quit on your family? Why quit on god and country? Why even touch drugs? After all that we know about that stuff? It's amazing to me how many addicts we have. Just say no for hells sakes.

This life is meant for us to do something more than to play around and seek instant gratification and pleasure.

I just find it amazing that folks who can't take the punishment in Hollywood/the boringness of life, must resort to drugs. Could this kid have made it in a steel mill 40 years ago? How about working in a factoring packaging meat?

So I'm supposed to feel horrible for someone who had a tissue paper soft *** life? Work at McDonalds. Work as a school teacher. Work as a police officer. Go talk to a vet in Afghanistan. They have much harder lives but I don't see them running to become potheads.

I guess some of us are made out of tougher material or have more concerns about others more than just ourselves.

You create a thread mocking a guy who just died because you don't approve of drug use. Are you also the kind of person who laughs at HIV+ people for not following your personal sex norms?

As for the hypotheticals, are you asking whether he would make it in that steel mill if he was transported to the past and is forced into that situation, like some kind of cheesy comedy? In that case you might be right. He would probably struggle in that environment. But had he been born in a situation where he ends up working in a steel mill, then he would have been a completely different person with a completely different life. Had you been a rich and famous actor on the other hand, you would very likely not be talking about the virtuous McDonald workers and the danger of being a pothead. We are where we are because of the incidents of our genetics and circumstances. You are no better than anyone else.

And if that concern of yours does not extend to other human beings (except for those who share your moral principles), then what good is it?

I guess some of us are made out of tougher material or have more concerns about others more than just ourselves. From what I gather, he had a girlfriend. Why quit on her? Why quit on your family? Why quit on god and country? Why even touch drugs? After all that we know about that stuff? It's amazing to me how many addicts we have. Just say no for hells sakes.

This life is meant for us to do something more than to play around and seek instant gratification and pleasure.

my god

Spoken as someone who truly has never dealt with adversity. If you had you would realize that it comes in all forms and can strike anyone, and that the best thing we can do for each other is to show some compassion in place of vitriolic judgment. Yeah often we create our own adversity and problems, we ALL do, but it doesn't make them any less real or life-altering, and it definitely doesn't make the individual worthy of scorn.

Someone I have been reading about lately said "Anything that you resent and strongly react to in another is also in you."

Pothead?.... do you really think this guy died because of pot?

Come on man.
Stop being an idiot for just a minute

Spoken as someone who truly has never dealt with adversity. If you had you would realize that it comes in all forms and can strike anyone, and that the best thing we can do for each other is to show some compassion in place of vitriolic judgment. Yeah often we create our own adversity and problems, we ALL do, but it doesn't make them any less real or life-altering, and it definitely doesn't make the individual worthy of scorn.

Someone I have been reading about lately said "Anything that you resent and strongly react to in another is also in you."

This is one of the better posts I have read in a long time.

I'm so glad you're back.

My girlfriend met him at the fireworks store in Evanston she was working at last summer. She said he seemed nice and down to earth and was pretty bummed when she heard he died.